Chapter 3 A night to remember

"Hello Alice, I didn't think I would see you here."  The captain said opening his wrinkled mouth,  revealing dark gums and shiny grey teeth. "Captain Yhareth how're you doing, I didn't think Voidrians drank alcohol,"  Alice asked surprised. "We drink something different, but it achieves the same thing. We come together to drink and socialize, just as humans do. Oh and I'm doing well, thank you. So who's this with you? He looks to be a part of security."  - "Oh yes this is my boyfriend Damien." -"Corporal Kurosawa sir,"  Damien got up and stood at attention. "Ah yes, so this is the boyfriend you've mentioned. I do believe I remember you, Corporal Kurosawa. I've heard you have a workplace rivalry with our largest member of security...Tyson, am I correct?" -"Ah...yes sir, I promise it won't get in the way of my job, sir."  Damien said.- "Good, good. I have heard that you two have gotten into... how shall I say, a few "scuffles?" -"That's all in the past now sir, no need to worry."  Before any of them had a chance to say anything more, the bartender came back with their drinks.

"Would you two like anything else?"  The bartender asked.  "Yes,"  said Damien, "I will have a steak sandwich and..." -"I'll have a bowl of nachos please!" Alice interrupted the order. The bartender then went to go place the order. "You always get sandwiches at bars, like every single one." "It's my comfort food I guess." - "Are you not comfortable here?"  Alice asked concerned. - "No, no, it's not that, I mean I'm fine, I just get kind of claustrophobic in enclosed places like this. It's not even about being around people, It's just the feeling of being enclosed that makes me uncomfortable." -"Oh wow, I didn't even know you had claustrophobia." - "It's not exactly claustrophobia, it's just something bad that happened a few years back. I don't want to talk about it right now." -"Well, ok, maybe we save that discussion for another time," Alice said putting her arm lovingly around Damien. Damien nodded and smiled while he took his helmet off and placed it on the bar counter. He then took a sip from the cold glass of strong beer in front of him. Strong it was at 65% alcohol. Damien coughed a bit after drinking from the glass. "Oh wow! That does not disappoint,"  He laughed. "Care for a sip?" - "I really shouldn't. That stuff could kill a horse! On second thought, fuck it, why not."  As Alice took a sip, Captain Yhareth returned to them after talking to someone dressed in strange garb. "Ah yes, it seems I have some business to attend to, I hope you two have a good night. Oh, and Alice, one other thing, there is something you and your team will be studying tomorrow."- "What would that be Captain?" Alice asked intrigued by what he said. "It arrives in the morning, but I think you'll find it extremely interesting,"  Yhareth said, chuckling to himself. "I will leave you to each other. Good night." At that, Yhareth turned and left the club.

 "Should we get some more drinks?" Alice said with a laugh.- "What do you think?" Why not. The night is still young and we both need to unwind,"  said Damien. The night seemed to go by in a blur. The bright lights of all colors were mesmerizing and loud synth music blared. They drank, danced, and played VR games well into the night. In the wee hours of the morning, the two lovers stumbled their way to Damien's quarters on Deck 17.  Alice was riding on Damien's back, as she could barely walk with how much she drank. Damien entered his quarters with Alice in tow, as he was about to allow Alice to disembark, but she held on. "Wait...Mmm, I don't want to get off! I love the way you feel, she stated. Damien loved when Alice held on to him, it always made him feel whole. Damien finally got Alice to lay down. "Mmm your bed is so cool and firm, mine is way too soft. Come and lay down with me." -"So are you gonna stay here for the night?"-"Yeah, I'd like to and I am way too drunk to make my way to my quarters." Alice put her hand on Damien's arm with a suggestive look on her face. - "Look, we're both pretty drunk, I...I got some anti-alcohol meds, let's take those and wait a few minutes."- "Okay."  Alice groaned disappointedly. The two took the pills and after a few minutes, they started to recover from the effects of their long night of drinking. "Oh wow that stuff hit me like a truck, I don't think I could've made it back home on my own," Alice said groaning. "Thank you for carrying me here." Alice said looking into Damien's eyes."- "I didn't have to bring you here, I could have left you there to pay the tab. Damien joked. Alice looked down with a smirk. "Hey."  Damien put his bare hand on Alice's face; the two looked longingly into each other's eyes. Alice then took off Damien's helmet. "I don't know why you wear that helmet so much?" You have such great eyes."-"Hmm maybe I only want you to see my eyes." Alice giggled. "That's so corny, but I like it." The two then embraced for the night, for this may be the last time they spend in each other's arms.