24

THIRD POV

"Glenn! What happened!?" Viola asked worriedly while looking at his bruised cheek.

". . . Hm. . ." he raise his hand on his chin, pretending to think. "I guess I fell off the stairs while thinking of stalking you." he joked making Viola look at him worriedly.

"Glenn, please. I'm not joking."

"Just forget about this~ if you kiss my cheek, I'm going to be alright!" he exclaimed with a wide smile.

Viola sighed as she look around for a bit, then immediately give him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Better?"

"Hm. . . ~ how about here?" Glenn asked while pointing at his lips.

Viola only chuckled. "Come on Glenn, it's-" before she could even finish her lines, Glenn pull out his sword and swing it behind him.

Fresh blood splashed all over Viola and Glenn's face and clothes.

"G-Glenn. . .-!?"

Viola look at the scene, terrified.

Glenn put back his sword as he walks towards the bushes to find a dead body that he just slashed on the chest.

". . . I thought I slash his head." Glenn exclaimed as Viola stood there.

Viola froze as her heart beat faster than it is. She raise her hand to be greeted by the man's fresh blood as she look at her hand with wide eyes.

After seeing that, the memories of her childhood starts to run down through her head as Gaul's death replaying inside her head.

"Another spy huh?" Glenn exclaimed casually and calmly while looking at the man's face.

Viola look at the lifeless body as another unfamiliar memories run down her head and her eyes went wide.

"I HOPE YOU DIE!"

The unfamiliar girl with a similar violet hair shouted angrily while getting dragged by some priests away from him.

She was shouting angrily at the boy with blonde hair and electric green eyes who looked at her with guilt.

"I TRUSTED YOU! HOW COULD YOU!?"

The priest continue to dragged her as one of them pull out a sword then stab her on the heart making her cough up blood and fell down on her knees.

"Vio?"

Viola's hands trembled, it's getting harder for her to breath and started to gasp for air.

"Viola?"

The one that who's getting stabbed is that girl, but Viola clearly felt how painful it is. She feels like someone just stabbed her in the heart.

She walk backwards and when she stumbled,

"Vio-!"

Glenn grabbed her hand, immediately shake her off to reality as she look at him with wide eyes.

"I-I. . ."

"Are you alright!?" Glenn immediately pulled out his handkerchief and wipe off the blood from Viola's face.

". . . I-I'm alright." she exclaimed with a shaky smile.

"I'm terribly sorry, but if I don't kill him, he might tell something about our conversation to my father."

"A-ah. . . I understand." Viola nodded, trying to calm herself down by the unfamiliar memories.

"Let's clean up. We're covered in blood."

". . . A-ah. . . yes. . ."

Glenn caressed her cheek and kiss her forehead. "Don't worry about this. I will tell the knights that he try to assassinate us. Problem solved."

Viola just nodded slowly and form a reassuring smile.

When Glenn turned his back on her, she raise her hand and clutch her chest as her grip tightens and grit her teeth angrily.

". . . what's with this feeling. . . I'm really angry. . ."

Hatred.

That's what she feels currently.

-

"Milady?"

Astor shake her off to reality as she notice that she's been pouring inside the full cup of tea to the point it spilled all over the round silver table.

"A-ah!" she immediately take the handkerchief beside it and wipe off the tea as Astor look at her worriedly.

"Milady, are you alright?" he asked while looking at her, noticing the dark circles under her eyes.

". . . What happened at the Palace? Milady went there yesterday."

Viola form a warm smile as she weakly shakes her head. "I'm alright. Just lack of sleep." she replied reassuringly and smiled gently while thinking about Glenn.

Astor who noticed her sudden change of expression, immedialty gaze downwards and turned his head to the other way.

". . . So Lady Viola is getting closer to the Crown Prince. . . huh?" he asked to himself and chuckled slightly. "What am I thinking? I'm just her guard. . . I don't have any chance." he sighed deeply. "Just staying by her side is more than enough."

". . . I was thinking."

Astor immediately turned his head towards Viola who is fidgeting her fingers.

"Is it alright if we hate someone?"

Astor's eyes widened in surprise by her sudden question.

". . . Hatred. . . betrayal. . . despair. . . pain. . ."

Viola clutch her chest firmly as she gaze downwards. ". . . It's alright, right? I mean. . ." she turned her head towards Astor to be greeted by his ruby eyes.

"We're human after all."

Astor's eyes widened, out of nowhere he tensed up as his hands starts to sweat. "M-Milady-"

"Sometimes. . ."

-

Viola's eyes opened slowly to be greeted by the blank white walls around her as she sit up to be greeted by Licht's electric green eyes.

But when she saw that eyes, when she saw him,

Anger rise inside of her.

". . . What's wrong Vio?" Licht asked with a raised eyebrow as he look at her, confused.

". . . Licht, who are you to me?" she asked, looking at him with bulging eyes.

Licht's eyes widened. ". . . What do you mean?"

"You said you don't remember your life as human, right?"

"Yes?"

". . . your life. . . and my life. . . I wonder." she lift her head to be greeted by nothingness.

"What made us connected?"

". . . I don't know."

"What do you feel when you see me?"

". . ."

He was unable to answer that one as he turned his head away and raise his hand as he clutch his chest. ". . . When I see your face, your eyes. . . , It's painful. . . here."

Viola also raise her and clutch her chest, like it's the most painful thing to do. ". . . When I see your face, your eyes. . . , I can't even tell you how much hatred that implemented inside here."

Her eyes starts to water as her eyebrow twitch.

"I don't know why."