Aragorn ~ I Believe This Makes Us A Thing

A/N: I apologize from the start that, as I said in the last one-shot, writing about Aragorn is really hard for me so please bear that in mind while reading this. To make my writing, and probably your reading a little bit more easier, I changed the history of Aragorn. Here's what you need to know: 1. Aragorn have met Arwen but they are only friends (because duh, Aragorn was raised in Rivendell.) You were also raised in Rivendell, just like Aragorn, and you are a spectacular fighter and you communicate with people very good (kinda like you're in the communication desk of Rivendell.) I didn't want to completely cut out Arwen so this slight change will improve the story, I think.

"You're sure right?" Arwen asked.

"Arwen don't worry about me. I'll be alright."

"(Y/N) this is big. I don't want you dead."

"You forget that I was actually raised to be a fighter and to make agreements with people. And you know, I don't go to this quest alone. There is Legolas, Gandalf, and Gimli..."

"And Aragorn." She finished and nudged me. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, and Aragorn."

"And me what?" Aragorn stepped in the open door.

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Yep, we were just talking about the fellowship and who is in it." Arwen added making me sigh in relief.

"Uh-huh... Okay then. (Y/N), we're leaving in an hour, darling." He winked and walked out, not before turning around and catching a glimpse of my blush and then smirking to himself.

"Ugh, I can fight an orc pack, but then he comes in and suddenly I'm blushing."

"Come on. I know you don't admit it but you like his flirting with you. And I can reassure you that he feels the same. He only flirts with you. You are lucky. I lived for 2777 years I am sure I know a couple of things."

"I better go downstairs. You know I like to be early."

"What?! You cannot just pack this few."

"Arwen I'm not going on a vacation." I smiled softly at her and start to make my way to the little garden.

After a little waiting and getting to know Gimli and the hobbits everyone was set and ready to go.

"The Ring-bearer is setting out on the Quest of Mount Doom. On you who travel with him, no oath nor bond is laid to go further than you will. Farewell. Hold to your purpose. May the blessings of Elves and Men and all Free Fold go with you." Elrond made is speech. I made an eye contact with Arwen and I nodded, giving courage to both of us.

"The Fellowship awaits the Ring-bearer." Spoke Gandalf

We start to move on, Frodo on ahead. I heard him whisper "Mordor, Gandalf, is it left or right?" and I gave out a light chuckle. I fell behind the horse that I and Legolas was tending, and that left me alone with Aragorn.

"What's so funny?" he asked with a smile.

"Nothing it's just so surreal. This is real. We are going to destroy the Ring of Power, and we don't even know the way." We crossed the bridge and keep on walking.

We walked by the ruins of the older cities, crossed the fields and finally we stopped on a large hill. I watched Boromir sword drilling with Pippin and Merry, next to Legolas, talking about the weather.

"They're having quite a party over there." I said and look to the horizon.

"(Y/N), do you mind if I ask you a personal question Legolas blurted out.

"Of course, ask ahead."

"Between you and Aragorn, what's going on?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you two are always look like you took interest in each other but I can't be sure. And I don't like to be not sure."

"You got me there too. I don't know either."

Legolas moved to another block of rock.

"For the Shire!" I heard Merry shout and I looked at them. They tackled Boromir to the ground. I watched them with amusement in my eyes.

"Gentlemen, that's enough." Aragorn interrupted, well tried to interrupt but the little hobbits smacked him to the ground too.

"What is that?" I looked over where Sam was looking.

"Nothing, it's just a wisp of cloud."

"It's moving fast. Against the wind." Boromir added.

"Crebain from Dunland!" Legolas shouted.

"Hide!"

Everyone quickly moved to make the place look untouched, natural and scurried over to some rocks and bushes to hide. I, to my luck, ended up in a tight space under a rock with no other than Aragorn. He grabbed me from my waist to pull me further more. I blushed furiously at the closeness of our faces. I understand that he needed to do that in order to go unnoticed but it still made me blush like a little elfling trying to take a compliment.

"Well this sure is a tight situation." Aragorn whispered. I could feel his breathing on my lips.

"Do you want this to be more, (Y/N)?" He caressed my hair and stared down at me. I looked into his eyes and nodded. If it is just me that is blind to this man's flirt, I could use a little eye opener.

"I love you." He whispered and put his lips on me. He tasted like Old Toby and sweet. The sound of knocking that comes from the top of the rock separated us.

"Come on love birds, they are gone."

I get out of under the rock and shake off the dust from my clothes. Aragorn followed suit and we picked our stuff.

"Spies of Saruman. The passage south is being watched. We must take the Pass of Caradhras." Gandalf declared. I secured my backpack and start to walk after the fellowship, when a hand enveloped mine in his.

"I believe this makes us a thing."