Smaug / Part 2 ~ You Are Not Going Anywhere Love

I turned as I heard the raspy voice. In front of me, stand a tall man, taller than most of the man and elf, dressed in all but have a thin bright orange scarf around his neck.

"So you're the elf." He said and held out his hand for me to grasp. I unintentionally grab his hand and get up. His hand was unnaturally hot.

"And you are?" I questioned. Could it be? No. It is not possible.

"I think you know the answer." He said and grinned wide to me, pearl white teeth showing. I climbed the little hill of golden coins.

"Bilbo, be quick." I shouted "And by the way, there are no dwarves among us." and turn around to argue with the tall man. Where is he now?

"Did you think I did not know this day would come, when a pack of canting dwarves would come crawling back to the mountain?" I whipped my head towards the roaring voice and there stood Smaug, with all his might.

"The king under the mountain is dead. I took his throne. I ate his people like wolf among sheep."

"You forgot to kill his heir!" I shouted from the top of the hill.

"His son is dead. He died in the battle of Moria."

"Not his son. Thorin Oakenshield." He roared at the mention of his name. I turned my head and shelter it in my arms.

"I kill where I wish, when I wish. My armor is iron." His voice was so much closer this time. I let my arms down and there the man stood a sword in his hands, pointing it right to my throat.

"No blade can pierce me!"

"It's Oakenshield. That filthy dwarfish usurper! He sent you in here for the Arkenstone, didn't he?" he pushed the sword further, its tip buried in my throat. If he moves it, I will be dead. I noticed a small gash on his upper left side from his ripped cloth.

"No, no, no. I don't know what you're talking about" Bilbo shouted over.

"Don't bother denying it. I guessed his foul purpose some time ago. But it matters not. Oakenshield's quest will fail. The darkness is coming. It will spread to every corner of the land."

"You have been used, thief in the shadows and pretty lady. You were only ever a means to an end. The coward Oakenshield has weighed the value of your lives and found it worth nothing."

"No. No. No, you're lying!" Bilbo shouted in denial. That stupid hobbit. I hope he found the Arkenstone.

"What is my value?" I asked suddenly.

"What?"

"O Smaug the Terrible, you held the treasure of the world, surely you know which piece is worth keeping and which is not. Weight my value." He growled and whirled around. He disappeared behind a large structure. I peeled my eyes from the structure and search for Bilbo.

"What did he promise you? A share of the treasure? As if it was his to give. I will not part with a single coin. Not one piece of it."

I see Bilbo make a run for the Arkenstone. But the dragon sees him and whips his tail, sending Bilbo, the Arkenstone, and gold flying.

"My teeth are swords! My claws are spears! My wings are a hurricane!"

As Smaug displays his wings, I notice a scale missing on the left side of Smaug's chest.

"So it is true. The black arrow found its mark."

"What did you say?" Bilbo whimpered in fear and continued on sweet talking.

"Uh, uh, I was just saying your reputation precedes you, O Smaug the Tyrannical. Truly, you have no equal on this earth."

As Bilbo speak, he slowly backed up. He is standing in a bare, open spot, and Smaug faces him. Bilbo gazed down and saw the Arkenstone lying just a few feet from him. As his gaze rested on the gem, Smaug start to talking. I walked towards them just in case.

"I am almost tempted to let you take it, if only to see Oakenshield suffer, watch it destroy him, watch it corrupt his heart and drive him mad."

"Oi, watch it. That's our leader you're talking about." I said and looked to Smaug. He looked down at me and back at Bilbo.

"But I think not. I think our little game ends here. So tell me, thieves, how do you choose to die?"

Smaug's chest glows with a light from inside, and Smaug's head streaks forward, jaws open. I looked towards Bilbo but I failed to see him. Smaug's jaws close on empty space. Angrily, he raise his head again and look at me. I thought he was going to burn me to ashes. I closed my eyes and a tear rolled down my cheek. But to my surprise the hit of the heat wave never came to me, but I heard the roaring.

"You can flee if you will. But remember that she won't escape. With her, my treasure will surely be richer than ever!" He locked his eyes with mine and I sprint towards the stairs. The dark haired man stepped down from the stairs and cut my way.

"You are not going anywhere love."

A/N: Sorry another cliffhanger but I love them Anyway tell me what you think. the next one would be the romantic last part