Chapter 21- Confrontations

Last night with the girls actually made me feel a whole lot better

They let me rant about Tristan to get it all off my chest.

And then we ordered pizza and watched our favorite feel-good movies and blasted some music to have a dance party of our own.

Today, the first thing I woke up to was a text message notification.

It was from Tate.

>>Tristan is an idiot. He needs you, don't let him forget that.

He doesn't want to talk to me Tate. <<

>>Try harder.

I huffed out in annoyance before typing again.

When is HE going to try?<<

>>He thinks he's doing the right thing. Like I said, idiot. I trust you'll help him see this. See you tonight.

I didn't know what he meant by that last part, considering I never made any official plans for tonight.

And then Leah called me the second after.

"There's a party tonight, we're going." She greeted.

"who's we?"

"Me, you, Maylan, Carson, and Tate, he'll meet us there."

"and...?"

"...and Tristan."

There it is.

She went on, "Some kid from Anderson high is throwing the party, so Tate made sure to invite Tristan along, only he doesn't know that Tate invited the rest of us too. Figured you could use his surprise to your advantage."

"I don't know Leah." I hesitated.

"Ada, you're doing this. Because the two of you are meant to be together and this little bump in the road can easily be fixed with a little communication, okay?"

"I communicated plenty, thank you very much. I feel like an idiot for practically begging him to stay Leah, and he just walked away."

"That was yesterday though-"

"Thursday." I corrected.

"That was Thursday though, he's had time to let his poor decisions simmer and now you're going to give him that extra little nudge he needs."

I just sighed into the phone without saying anything.

"See you tonight?" She asked me hopefully and I took an extra second to think about it.

"See you tonight."

———————————

I was nervous to say the least, but I was as ready as I'll ever be.