Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Meals With Hockey Stars

KENNEDY

I woke up early the following morning wrapped up in Nash's arms, his hot breath brushing my ear with each slow exhale. It was still dark, both in the room and outside. There was some time left before the sun would rise.

I stayed in his arms for a couple of minutes, and just enjoyed the feel of being that close to him. It was something I'd truly missed, before I slowly moved off the bed. He rolled over but didn't wake up. I grabbed his t-shirt from the floor and tugged it over my head and went into the kitchen.

I started a pot of coffee and ordered room service for breakfast. When Nash woke up about an hour later the breakfast had just been delivered and I sat at the dining table with my cup of coffee in front of me while going through some work emails on my laptop. The covered breakfast plates were on a tray on the opposite side of the large table.

"Morning, babe," Nash greeted me as he strolled into the dining area dressed only in a pair of sweatpants. I smiled up at him, noticing the messy hair, the stubble across his chin, and the sly smile on his lips. He stretched, his large muscles bulging and moving. The smile widened as he came up and kissed me softly on the lips. 

"Do you want more, Kennedy?" He asked and pointed to my coffee cup.

"Sure."

"I'll just bring it to the table." He walked over to the coffee pot and picked up the carafe and a cup for himself and carried it back to the table. I closed the laptop and put it to the side.

"I got you an omelet with some potatoes."

"You are the best," Nash grinned and sat down across from me. He uncovered the plates and handed me the one that was full of pancakes.

We enjoyed breakfast and spent Saturday morning together lazily watching TV on the couch. We took a slow walk, hand in hand, through the city around lunchtime and picked up lunch that we brought back to the hotel. The afternoon we spent naked in the large bed. It wasn't until early evening that we got up and showered and got ready to meet Mitchell for dinner downstairs in the restaurant.

"Kennedy," Mitchell's voice rang through the restaurant as soon as Nash and I stepped inside.

Nash's tall blond best friend was standing up by a table in the back waving his hands in the air like we were going to miss him. Luckily for us, the restaurant wasn't crowded.

"Oh my," I sighed, surprised but then again not. Mitchell was one of a kind.

Nash chuckled next to me. He placed his hand on my low back and guided me over towards the table where Mitchell and Bryce waited.

"Hey, Mitch."

"Kennedy," Mitchell grinned and swept me up into a bear hug. His strong arms lifted me from the floor.

"Damn, Mitch, you know she is taken, right?" Nash teased.

"Looks like he's trying to replace you," Bryce snorted at Nash from the table. He'd remained seated and casually reached for the basket of bread on the table in front of him.

"Put me down, Mitch," I demanded.

He did but with a loud animated hough. "Now, don't pretend you didn't miss me too."

"Of course I did, Mitch," I responded with a giggle, and patted him on the arm. "You just didn't have to let the entire restaurant know that."

"Huh." He looked slightly insulted and I couldn't help but smile.

"How are you, Kennedy?" Bryce asked from his chair with a mouth full of bread. Nash chuckled again, clearly enjoying the friendly banter between his girlfriend and best friend.