1 | H A C K E R

"that's kind of sexist to automatically assume it was a guy"

Penelope Garcia didn't like to admit it out loud, but there were some days where the cases she worked were too much

Penelope Garcia didn't like to admit it out loud, but there were some days where the cases she worked were too much. Not emotionally — that's a whole other conversation — but physically. She'd get off the phone with one of the team members and have a long list of information to uncover and data to analyze. Going through the list took time, and unfortunately in the cases they work, time wasn't a luxury.

Enter Florence Sabin.

Garcia was skeptical when she had been called into the Director of the FBI's office — who wouldn't be when Erin Strauss and a teenage girl with handcuffs on her wrist were also in the room? It was certainly a meeting she would never forget.

"Agent Garcia, have a seat," Director Wray instructed. He glanced at the unnamed girl, who was staring down at her chipping nail polish, looking almost bored. "Do you recall the incident with the Pentagon that we requested your help with a few months ago?"

"Y-yes, Director. The hacker didn't leave behind any kind of trail to find him or figure out what files he got into."

"That's kind of sexist to automatically assume it was a guy," the girl spoke up.

Garcia did her best to hide the smile she so badly wanted to flash. Instead, she nervously looked between the girl and the Director. "Is this the hacker? How'd you find her?"

"She turned herself in," Strauss informed her, looking displeased. "Miss Sabin did so by hacking into the CIA's database and leaving a note explaining who she was and how she did it, along with instructions on how to fix the fault in security."

"That explains the handcuffs," Garcia muttered to herself. "Well, then am I right to assume you've given her the same option as me when I was hired; prison or a job?"

Strauss nodded. "We're in the process of finding where to place her. Tell me, Agent Garcia, are you in need of any assistance in the BAU?"

Garcia paused for a moment, looking over the girl who used her cuffed hands to push a stray hair behind her ear. She reminded her of how she got her start in the Bureau. "Not every case, but yes for some. I've managed so far. However—" Garcia cut herself off, not wanting to overstep.

"What?" Director Wray asked, nodding for her to continue.

"What's your name?" Garcia asked her.

"Florence, but my friends call me Ren," she replied.

"Sir, Florence is easily one of the best hackers I have ever seen. I hated to admit that she was better than me all those months ago. I'm not saying the work the BAU does isn't important, but she could easily work in a higher position."

"They don't trust me in a higher position," Florence said, chuckling. "Not allowed anywhere near National Defense or any form of Cybersecurity."

"Garcia, do you think you could utilize Miss Sabin's talents in the BAU?" Strauss asked, rolling her eyes at Florence.

"I have one question. Why'd you decide to break into the CIA database?"

Florence shrugged sheepishly. "Had to make sure John Mulaney didn't kill Princess Diana."

Garcia snickered which earned a disapproving look from Strauss. "Director Wray, I would be delighted to have her."