Chapter 2

Six months has passed. In this short amount of time Y/N discovered a lot of things, and almost all of her doubts were cleared. First of all, satyrs exist in most schools, of course, keeping a lookout for a potential half-blood.

In the camp, known as the Camp Half-Blood, the landscape was dotted with buildings that looked like ancient Greek architecture-an open-air pavilion, an amphitheater, a circular arena-except that they all looked brand new, their white marble columns sparkling in the sun. In a nearby sandpit, a dozen high school-age kids and satyrs played volleyball. Canoes glided across a small lake. Kids in bright orange T-shirts like Alex's were chasing each other around a cluster of cabins nestled in the woods. Some shot targets at an archery range. Others rode horses down a wooded trail, and some of their horses had wings.

There's Mount Olympus in Greece. And then there's the home of the gods, the convergence point of their powers, which did indeed used to be on Mount Olympus. It's still called Mount Olympus, out of respect to the old ways, but the palace moves. The gods move with the heart of the West. The only greek god she actually saw in person was the camp director Dionysus, or Mr. D in short. He's small, but porky. He had a red nose, big watery eyes, and curly hair so black it was almost purple, and he wore a tiger-pattern Hawaiian shirt. He offended his father a while back, took a fancy to a wood nymph who had been declared off-limits. The first time he was punished, it was prohibition for ten years. The second time he disobeyed, he was sent in Half-Blood Hill. And he was also thankfully, the person to warn her not to call the gods by their names.

There was a blond-haired girl, named Annabeth Chase who would often be seen leaning on the porch rail next to Mr. D and Chiron. She was the same age as Y/N, maybe a few inches taller, and a whole lot more athletic looking with her deep tan and her curly blond hair. Her eyes were startling gray, like storm clouds; pretty, but intimidating too, as if she were analyzing the best way to take someone down in a fight. She was the one often taking care of Y/N and mending her wounds whenever she got injured while training. She's just a camper, but she's been here longer than just about anybody. And whenever Y/N asked about why she was personally helping her, she would just look at her in pity.

Yes, eyes full of pity. She was used to it now. The most important question to her still remained unanswered. Apparently, after arriving in this camp, a half-blood is claimed by their godly parent within a few days. But that was not the case for Y/N. Six months has passed, and it felt like her parent wasn't going to claim her at all. She wasn't ready to give up though. After spending time at the camp, everyone had a good idea of who her father might be. But they didn't want to offend a god, so keeping their mouth shut was the best they could've done.

As much as she wanted to keep being strong, a part of her was still hurt. But nothing could come out of it by talking. The only people she actually talked to was Luke and Annabeth. Luke Castellan is the counsellor of the Hermes cabin, and one of the most friendly guy she ever met. And the only times she talked to Annabeth was during training or while getting healed, which she started performing on her own after a while. Alex went on in search of another potential half-blood so he wasn't really there. It's not like everyone ignored her and didn't talk to her. They all did, even if some of them (Ares cabin to be specific) were mean.

It's just that, there wasn't an exact group she fit in, even though the Apollo cabin kids were more than happy to include her in activities. She still had to stay in Cabin Eleven, with the other newcomers and undetermined kids. That was the Hermes Cabin, the god of travelers, and also god of thieves. She didn't have much except for the necessities that her step-father sent. He was sure to send their family picture and besides, these kids left her stuffs alone. She didn't have much to begin with.

Y/N discovered her abilities after a couple of weeks, and that's when everyone realized who her father might be. She trained with the people in Apollo cabin and a centaur named Chiron, and so far she's trained to be a pretty good archer and healer. Not the best, but definitely learning to be better at it. Music was the only thing that released her from all the stress and worries, but that also meant that when she was nervous, she started singing.