Morning

Birds were chirping and you knew it was time to get up. In your dazed, sleep-deprived state you raised your hands to your torso and tried a half push-up to get yourself out of bed. Although, you seemed heavier than usual and the push-up was the most hardest one you ever done. It was almost as if something was weighing you down to the bed so you couldn't leave.

You fell back into the bed, not wanting to fight against whatever it was that wanted to keep you in bed. Who were you kidding? Why would you fight against something that was keeping you in your comfy bed? But it did peak your curiosity.

You finally opened your eyes and sure enough you were in your shared bedroom. You were looking at the wall and flipped your head to see Hawks sleeping soundly beside you. The strangest thing was that he was on the edge of the bed and you had suspected him to be the one weighing you down.

He looked as peaceful as the dead sleeping face first in his pillow. You smiled at his corpse-like slumber and reached out to run your hand through his hair. A soft, sleepy groan grumbled through the bed and you held in a chuckle.

You looked at his outstretched wings to see one that came in real close to you. You peeked over your shoulder to see exactly what weighed you down.

It was a large, red wing from the sleepy man that rest his wing over your back. In all honesty, the wing felt like a weighted blanket that you never wanted to take off.

You struggled but managed to turn to your side and pull Hawks' blanket-like wing closer to your body. You heard a low hum emanate from Hawks' body and he turns slightly to face you.

His face was half smooshed into his pillow but the half that looked at you gave you a groggy smile.

"Morning, Songbird...," he said in a voice husky that was drowned with exhaustion.

He reached out to caress your neck but he gave up on contact and his hand fell limp against your cheek. You laughed under your breath and turned your head to give his hand a small kiss. As if it were electrocuted, his hand jumped back to life and pinched your cheek. His hand fell in front of your lips and waited. You couldn't help but smile at his antics and kissed his hand again.

Beyond his hand, you can see a smirk crawling on his face. "I'll get you something to drink," he offered but didn't move an inch. Instead, you watched as three feathers from Hawks' wings launched outside the bedroom and come back seconds later holding a glass of water.

"You're so helpful," you say to his feathers specifically and take one for yourself to kiss. You sneak a glance back at him to see him smiling with jealousy hidden behind. You drink your water as Hawks watches you impatiently, until you swallow the last drop then he tackles you.

"Love me, Babybird," he demands and holds you tightly as he leaves trails of kisses on your neck and collarbone.

"Always," you promise him and kiss the top of his head.