Chapter 1

The Smell Of An Old Book On A Rainy Day

Amber's pov

Usually I would be sparring with Jazzy for a few hours until we had to meet up with Willow or I'd be practicing for a soccer game but today was rainy. I love the scent of rain it's calming and serene but somehow makes me anxious like I'm waiting for something, there was a slight chill in the air that made chills crawl onto my jean covered legs. I figured I'd go to the pack library and get a book to read while it still smells like rain, because the smell of an old book on a rainy day is truly calming maybe a sad book to go with the feelings portrayed by the scent of rain, makes me sad, anxious, tired, and somehow calm. It's my favorite type of weather.

I enter the library. It's quiet and huge, no one really comes here unless it's to study and hardly anyone does that, all they do is hook up, play sports and fail classes. I'm not allowed to fail classes I mean being the Alphas daughter is one thing, everyone looks up to me but is somehow jealous at the same time. I don't see why, it's not like I can become Alpha. Speaking of becoming alpha, Leo and I are having our 18th birthday soon. This year we can awaken our wolves and find our mates. I have to shove those thoughts into the back of my head and look for a good book to read, I pick up a book and read the back of it. The blurb was pretty good so I thought I'd give it a try.

I walk up to the lady at the counter and check out the book. I grab it, thank the lady and start heading towards the exit. I notice that it's raining out now so I shove the book under my grey sweater, it only started raining harder. My hair was matted down to my head and I had a few streaks of hair stuck to my face, my sweater was soaked and sticking to my body, and my jeans are cold and wet only catching the air as I run to the pack house.

I notice my brother still sparring in the rain with his beta Dylan, I've always had a crush on Dylan his tan skin and dark hair, he was tall, but then again everyone was tall compared to me. I'm only 5'4" and he's almost 6 feet tall. My brother got lucky and was blessed with dad's height and even surpassed him and got to 6'5" I on the other hand got mom's height. So I can't help but think that we really aren't related besides the fact that only us as twins can mindlink without having our first shift as wolves.

Dylan looked over at me and smirked that devious smirk of his, my brother then landed a hard hit to Dylan right to the jaw causing him to fall back into the mud.
"ughhhh dammit Leo! It's gonna leave a bruise, I thought I said no head shots!" he whined.
"whoops?" I can't help but laugh at my brothers response which caught his attention.
"oh teddy bear! When did you get here?"
"first of all that nickname is strictly in front of family only and I was only here to see you sock the shit out of Dylan, but you should probably come inside now before you catch a cold,"
"what about you, you're out here too... soaking wet."
"you make a valid point but I won't let you win, I'm not going inside until the two of you come in since I'm going to have to fix your friend's busted face!" Dylan let's out a chuckle and just stands up walks towards the entrance of the pack house and I wait for Leo to follow Dylan so I can make sure they both get inside.

I made sure they both got changed and waited in the dining room to get something to drink. So I also changed from my wet clothes into black leggings and an orange vintage crop top with an unzipped gray hoodie and I put on fluffy socks to keep my feet warm, after all it is October and it rained and my shoes got soaking wet and drenched my socks, so my feet were freezing. I walk into the dining hall to grab the boys.

I drag the boys by the arms up the stairs and into the bathroom to clean up any wounds created despite the fact that we still heal quickly it can still get infected if not taken care of properly. I decided to work on Dylan and his face first because I felt bad and it was more serious in comparison to my brothers surface wounds. I took a cold washcloth and lightly dabbed it against the bruise forming around the cut my brother caused. He winced slightly when I pressed in the middle of the wound to stop any bleeding so the healing process could work fully. I stopped the bleeding and had to put a pair of socks in his mouth because I had to use alcohol to sterilize the cut. He squeezed his eyes shut tight and growled in pain. After I cleaned the wound with alcohol I had to use hydrogen peroxide and then I used a cream that helps prevent bruises around the cut and used Neosporin on the cut to help it heal and put a big bandage over his cheek.
"keep this on!"
"yes ma'am!" I slapped him in the back of his head.
"what was that for?!"
"that was for taking your eyes off of your opponent! You know better!" Leo just sat in the corner and chuckled.
"Leo stop laughing, you're next,"
"ah shit!" Dylan burst out laughing realizing that despite Leo being the oldest twin he was still scared of my tiny but fierce attitude. I stand up grab Dylan by the arm and shove him out of the bathroom so I can work on my brother without being distracted, also so I can talk to him in private.

I pulled on his ear pulling him closer to me so he could hear me.
"Leo I swear to God if you keep hurting your friends you get to clean their wounds and patch them up, also just in general don't punch them in the face they aren't your real enemy!"
"I'm sorry Amber, I know I hurt your little crush but It's not my fault you distracted him in the first place!"
"WHAT?! I do not have a crush on Dyl- that isn't the point here. Just don't hurt your friends or else you clean 'em up, ok?"
"ok fine, you feisty teddy bear,"
"you asshole. I'm going to leave, you can clean your own wounds." I stood up and started walking out of the bathroom towards the stairs to get to the second highest level in the pack house so I could go to my room.

I got to my room grabbed my book sat in my bay window and opened up the window to let in the breeze. I opened to book and started reading. The pages and the rain mixed perfectly it smells fresh but musky at the same time. I didn't realize until I put down my book for a few minutes that I was super tired and my eyelids got extremely heavy and ended up betraying me just to nap.

. . .

When I woke up I realized I was no longer on the bay window but I was on my bed, and that's when I realized there was an arm around my waist. I slowly look behind me and see Jazzy passed out.
"of course, just sleep in my bed and give me a heart attack when I wake up! Thank you." she didn't wake up but she kept on holding my waist. I just lay my head back down and try falling back to sleep, but I can't stop thinking about Dylan. I look around my room and look for my phone. I see it calling out to me from my bay window. Despite Jazzy producing a bunch of warmth I remove her arm from my waist and slowly get out of my bed so I don't wake her up.

I get up and grab my phone to check the time, it's only 11:07 pm but maybe I should just text him before I head over to see him.

Teddy bear:
Hey can you talk for a bit?

Playboi:
Yeah sure what do you
want to talk about?

Teddy bear:
I'm not really sure I just want
to talk and I can't sleep.

Playboi:
Well you want to go meet
near the sparring arena?

Teddy bear:
Sure.

Teddy bear is offline