Chapter 2

What A Bitch

I was on my way to meet up with Dylan so we could talk. I really hope Vanessa doesn't see me meet up with Dylan, but if she does I'm going to expect her to at least try and shank me with a fork during lunch.

She used to be my friend when we were younger but after she realized that my brother was going to be Alpha she only used me to get close to my brother and Dylan. So after I realized she was only using me I dropped her because I don't need people who are just going to walk on me. Of course I didn't tell Dylan about it because he had a crush on her. I told Leo about her and thought I'd leave him to tell Dylan about the girl but he didn't want him to get hurt.

So now Dylan and Vanessa hook up once in a while mostly at parties but let me remind you that's pretty much what all students do. I try avoiding her as much as possible but if she sees me with him I feel like she's going to assassinate me right on the spot. Speaking of hooking up and dating I don't know if Dylan found his mate or not. Speaking of the devil, he showed up right after I mentioned him.
"Hey Dylan!"
"Hey teddy bear,"
"asshole, come on there's a bench under the trees," he chuckles and shakes his head side to side if he thinks something I did was funny, but he followed me anyway. We sat down.
"so Dylan, you're 18 right?" he gave me a confused look.
"yeah why?"
"do you have any idea who your mate is yet?"
"Yeah I have an idea and she's nice but I don't deserve her, and I'm not much of the mate type. But I do have Vanessa," I just nod my head.
"um you said you have an idea, is that because you haven't been able to meet her or is it because she's still 17 and has no clue you're her mate?"
"she's still 17, but her birthday is soon. I don't want to reject her but I don't deserve her, and if I do reject her, she might end up never having a mate, and it would be all my fault." I sit in silence before I can ask another question.
"I'm sure she'll be ok eventually, but I have one more question. What does her scent smell like?"
"um she smells like vanilla and honey." I look at my lap and smile. I turn my face to smile at him.
"Oooh that sounds great!" I say, he chuckles and messes up my hair. I fix my hair and glare at him earning another low chuckle. I look back away and stare at the ground. I heard the crunch of gravel underneath a pair of high heels and realized the sound was getting closer. I lift up my head and see a fuming Vanessa stumbling towards us. I notice her glare towards me and Dylan as she gets closer.
"Dylan why are you always with that little slut, don't you love me anymore?! Do you love her more than me?! Is she a good fuck?!" He stands up quickly.
"What the fuck Vanessa?! You're drunk, go home!" If I didn't know him I would've been scared to hear the way he growled out his words. She gets closer to Dylan and pushes herself against him, she pulls his face closer to hers and attached her lips to his. He looks at me and tries pushing away but fails as he notices that she wrapped a leg around the back of his. He looks back at me and starts kissing her back. As soon as he does she pulls away and looks back at me.
"Look Amber, he'll never love you like he loves me and you'll never be able to pleasure him like I can! So stay away from him! Okay?!" I look away and clench my teeth together trying not to get too angry after all he likes her. I stand up and start to walk away but then I feel her bony fingers curl around my wrist tightly and tug me back. I turn my head to glance at her.
"Answer me you stupid bitch! Are you deaf?!" She raises her hand to slap me but gets held back by Dylan.
"Fine I'll stay away from him if that's what you want, but I don't guarantee that he'll be able to stay away from me especially if all he has to deal with is you," I shrug my shoulders and tug my hand out of her grasp and notice Dylan trying to contain laughter. I finally get to walk away and start to head back to my bedroom.

~~~~~~~

It's been a week since my encounter with Dylan and Vanessa, and my birthday is tomorrow morning. Everyone is starting to put everything together at last and everyone seems extremely stressed... but excited. My mom or the Luna of the pack is in a decorating frenzy. I already have a dress picked out, it's short and sort of like a gray lavender, it also highlights my curves and has very thin spaghetti straps. I'm in love with my dress. My brother doesn't want me to wear it because it's too revealing but I think he's just overly protective.

I heard the list of packs that are supposed to be coming to the party and I heard that the Black Moon Pack was supposed to be coming. I used to be baby sat by the current alpha of that pack even though he's only a few years older than me, so I guess I know him. It's just been a while and there's a few extreme rumors about him.
For example his pack is falling apart after hearing that he has yet to find his Luna, and that he treats everyone harshly except for those closest to him, and that he has very violent mood swings. I'm not sure about that last one but I'm scared to find out if he's actually going to show up.

I heard his temper has also gotten worse... I hope that's not entirely true. I bite my lip and look down trying to predict how these next few nights might go but I'm stuck with uncertain thoughts and tangled images. I look around and start walking anywhere my feet will take me.

I made my way out of the pack house and found myself wandering towards the lake. Once I made it there I walked towards the edge of the dock and took off my shoes and sat down with my toes barely touching the cold water. I close my eyes and try to let the scents and the sounds control my feelings, help soothe my anxious mind about tomorrow. Too focused on calming down, I didn't realize the footsteps behind me.

Dylan made his way up behind me before sitting down a soft sigh leaving his lips as if something is plaguing his mind as well. He looks over at me before he looks back down and sighs again, heavier and deeper as if contemplating what he has to say, as if he finally has something to say after ignoring me for a week.
"Listen Amber, I'm sorry. I didn't want Vanessa to get mad at you if she saw us talking." He places his hands in front of him on his lap and fidgets with his long beautiful fingers. I let out a sigh.
"Mm Dylan? How did you know where I was? Were you watching me?" I ask purely annoyed. "You should know out of anyone I can handle my own fights Dylan. It's not your problem. I'm a big girl, I can handle myself. Vanessa should not be a limitation, you could've at least texted me that." I mumble and sigh feeling more drained now then I did before. "It doesn't matter Dylan. I came out here to be alone and focus on tomorrow.. you being here makes that a little hard to do." I look over at him and watch him nod and stand up.
"Right. I'm sorry. I'll see you tomorrow Amber." And with that he walks away.