Chapter 2

Part 1

My ultimate morbid revelation did not hinder my speedy recovery, thus resulting me standing before my classrooms door.

I let out a sigh, bracing myself for the insults.

"Hey look, it's the girly boy!"

Even I have troubles with my appearance, thank you very much captain obvious.

"Why don't you scream for us!"

That was that one time you asshat. Let's see how you fare with a large spider on your textbook.

The whole class roared in laughter as I made my way to my seat in the back. I was just glad that my siblings weren't in the same class as mine.

"Settle down, students! Class is going to start!" The Professor came in, shutting up the class before diving into the lecture. "Open your Magic texts to page 188. We will be learning of Magic Theory. Before we begin, can anyone tell me the concept of Magic Theory is?"

A few hands went up.

"Let's hear what Siegbert has to say," The said boy stood up from his seat in anticipation.

"Magic Theory is all about how to proficiently use ones own Magic without the need to complicate the spells, in fact it is said that Magic Theory had been created in order to use as little Mana as possible for large attacks that would otherwise drain you." His blue eyes shone proudly, puffing out his chest in pride.

"Excellent explanation, Siegbert," The Professor gave a nod in satisfaction. "just as Siegbert has stated, we use Mana as the medium to manifest our Magic. The higher tier the Magic Spell is the more Mana it will consume, therefore the Magic Theory Class curriculum is to further develop your chants that are crucial to your casting."

I had to suppress a yawn. The way he kept going on and on about magic chants and blah blah blah, was enough to knock someone out. Magic wasn't a huge issue for me, I could ace all the classes pertaining to the topic easy peazy.

Even if my magic wasn't the best, it was my Mana reservoir that caught the High Mages interest.

Just because of that I was packed up and shipped off to the Academy.

I feel like baggage at this point.

"Caleb! Let us hear the basic of Magic Foundation from you!" I was brought to the present when my name was called. Snickers followed.

These douchebags think I know nothing. Let's see if I can wind them up.

I closed my textbook and stood up, all eyes on me. "Magic Foundation consists of the basic elements that one can learn. Furthermore, there are two types of basic elements: the elemental spells that consist of fire, water, earth, wind and light and the non-elementals that aid in everyday living.

Non-elemental magic is able to be used by everyone that contains Mana, thus it is the easiest to learn before awakening your primary element.

Primary elements, as stated above, are the basic elements of fire, water, earth, wind and light. Earth being the more common elemental learned and light being by far the rarest. In terms of explosive power, fire has reigned the top over the past few Centuries however I believe that with training and dedication even the most weakest element, wind, can be just as devastatingly powerful.

Furthermore, it is also possible to awaken multiple primary elements, though it is unheard of and said to be difficult to train.

With time, you will be able to learn a secondary element–"

"I'll have to stop you right there, Caleb," The Professor spoke up, interrupting my explanation.

"Was it not satisfactory?" I asked blatantly.

"No no no, your explanation far exceeded my expectations!" He laughed. "In fact I would have loved to listen further but with where we are, that is a bit too much information."

"I see," Turns out he had a surprisingly level head on his shoulders. I gave a bow. "then I shall take my seat,"

The class was silent, as expected. A few grumblings could be heard but I ignored them in favour of listening to the rest of the lesson.