Chapter 6

Again, I'm late in publishing, sorry!

—•—

Part 3

Expensive.

The entire menu at the café I was taken to was expensive for my pocket money. I glared at the delicacies, vowing silently to do odd jobs for cash so that I could eat eat here without worry.

"Are you not going to order?"

My head snapped up to see that there was a waitress patiently waiting, her pen poised. I closed the menu and gave her a smile. "Just a glass of water, please."

"I'll be back with your orders," She replied and headed off towards the kitchen.

"Just water?" Edgar raised a brow.

"You got a problem with my order?" I retorted giving him a glare.

He shook his head.

"Then let's talk, what have you found?" I changed the subject before the mood could get surly.

Edgar looked at me before he spoke. "You clearly don't seem to be a servant for the Byrons,"

A servant? Really?

"What makes you say that?" I poised the question, resting my chin on my interlocking fingers.

"You always seem to be by their side whenever I see the three of you but your attitude doesn't fit the bill,"

I felt my muscles twitch. I gave him a cold smirk. "So it's my attitude then?"

"It's not just your attitude," Edgar backtracked. "it's more of the fact on how they, the Byron twins, treat you."

Ah. Well, that much is to be expected of a Commander's son.

So much for my–

"Could you be a distant relative of the Byrons?"

I should thank the heavens that I am not near any choking hazard lest I meet my maker twice.

I pasted a ready smile. "You owe me milk!"

"So it wasn't that either, huh," Edgar's posture drooped as he heaved a disappointed sigh.

"Don't let it get to you! You got nothing to lose," I gave him a thumbs up.

I can't wait for my milk!

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Back at his dorm, Edgar stirred his tea as he thought back to his small meet up he had with Vineheart. He was fascinated by how quickly his expressions changed.

He let out an amused snort at how Vineheart pouted when looking at the menu and how he sulked afterwards.

He did get him a cake slice as thanks for meeting him which had brightened his face.

"You're a good guy, Sir Edgar," He had said with a laugh.

"Edgar," He had responded. Vineheart gave him a curious look, so he elaborated. "just call me Edgar."

"Edgar it is then!" The smile he had seen warmed him. Vineheart pointed to himself with a Cheshire grin. "Then call me Caleb!"

Edgar looked at the boy in front of him. "Caleb, then, it's nice to meet you."

"What's with all the formalities?" Caleb laughed it off, giving him a friendly pat on his arm. "We just became friends and you want to revert back to it?"

It was hard not to smile at the contagious atmosphere, that Edgar found himself smiling at it again. He took a sip of his lukewarm tea.

Certainly he will be looking forward to his interactions with Caleb.