CHAPTER 31

Asher's POV:

We reached Scranton 30 minutes back but we didn't get any information about the mansion that waiter was talking about.

"Asher lets go to the hotel for now till we get any information" Ben said coming to me after attending a call.

"We should find her already instead of waiting, she is so close" I told him determined that I am not going anywhere or rest till I find her.

"We will Asher" he said controlling his emotions.

"I am a failure. I couldn't even protect her" I said and let my tears out in front of him.

"No man! You are not. We will find her at any cost" he said giving me a pat on my shoulder in reassurance.

At the same time I saw that Ethan guy came running towards us.

He stopped in front of us and took a little breath after giving Ben his phone.

I looked at them both confused and with hope at the same time.

"Asher, we found her" Ben said turning to me and giving the phone.

Emma is in the old mansion near the woods on Summit Woods Rd.

We are on our way there and I am already getting impatient as the time passed. I just want to reach there and let those bastards know they messed with the wrong person.

"Did the cops got informed? And how many men do we have from our side?" I asked Ben who decided to drive along with me.

"Yes. We have 20 men who are following us." Ben replied.

"Here we are" Ben said as the car stopped away from an abandoned mansion.

We stepped out of the car and cops were already there.

"Be aware of any danger and be safe" the Sheriff said looking at us and his men.

We all started going towards the mansion, the cops and my men surrounded it while I, Ben, Ethan, Tim, Trevor and Sheriff along with 2 more officers decided to go inside.

Emma's POV:

I heard some gun shots and crashing sounds outside which means only one thing.

Asher finally found me!

The door burst open and Keith came inside and held me harshly by my hair.

"Seems like my nephew finally found you" he said and pulled my hair making me cry in pain.

He pulls me towards the door and outside the room.

I can see Asher fighting off some goons and when his eyes land on me he kicks the one he is fighting with, making him fall down and makes his way towards me.

When he realises the situation his eyes widen seeing his uncle.

"You should be dead" he says confused.

"Yes my dear Asher but as you can see I am well and alive" Keith says giving a sinister smile.

"Not for long" Asher spats out I can feel Keith shaking in anger.

I felt something cold pressing to my head and I see Asher's shocked expression knowing very well what it means. A gun.

"Who do you think will be dead now?" Keith asks mockingly at Asher.

"Don't you dare hurt her!" Asher said in a stern voice if it was anyone else they would have pissed their pants by now.

But Keith just laughed and pressed the gun deeper hurting my head.

All of a sudden I heard a loud bang and the grip on my hand loosened.

Keith fell on the ground holding his side loosing conscious. I looked aside to see Liam holding a gun. He shot his 'dad'.

I felt Asher grabbing me to him and hugging me tightly.

"I am sorry! I am so sorry!" Asher repeated the same words not letting me go.

I moved away and kissed him so he would stop apologising letting him know I am fine.

I can feel tears from both of us between the kiss.

After regaining I let go of him and turned to see Liam so I can thank him.

I was going to him but felt Asher's hand stopping me from going away.

But in return I pulled him and took him to Liam.

Asher pulled me close and still aware of Liam because he is not some one he knows of.

I let go of Asher and turned to him.

"He saved me" I gestured to Asher and he looked confused.

Liam explained everything to Asher and I could see how furious Asher was the whole time when Liam was talking but waited patiently to know what exactly happened.

After that the Sheriff came to talk to Asher about something and they went aside leaving me and Liam after I assured him that he can trust Liam.

After few minutes Liam pushed me away suddenly making me fall on the ground and took a bullet to his back.

When I looked straight I saw that Keith is conscious and was aiming his gun towards Asher this time who was running towards me hearing the gunshot.

I was trying desperately to stop him and for the first time in my life I hated being mute.

Asher was still running towards me and then there a loud bang making Asher fall backwards and I got up and ran towards him shouting his name.

"ASHER!!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Thankyou readers! For reading this book.

Please do comment and vote

Lots of Love <3<3 :*