15

Lorenzo
Before the end of the last chapter

I shake my head vigorously and try escaping Linkin's grasp.

"Come on Lorenzo, what if you meet your mate? Maybe she'll finally get you to talk."

I know for a fact that my mate won't be there.

"Please, lil bro?" Linkin pleads.

I shake my head again. I don't fit in with the other wolves, I'll just be a burden to Linkin.

"I promise no one will do or say anything to you. You have me by your side." Linkin places a hand on my shoulder.
"I want you to be the first person I introduce my mate to."

I look up at him and a new feeling stirs within me. Am I that important to Linkin? So important that I'll be the first person he introduces his mate to?

I slowly give him a nod. I can't disappoint the only brother figure and friend I've had for the past 13 years.

"Is that a yes?"

I nod again. This time more firmly.

"Aye bro!" He gets up and throws a towel at my face.

"Get dressed, party starts in less than an hour and it's on No man's land."

I reluctantly get up and take a shower and wear something similar to Linkin.

I reach out for my hoodie, but Linkin yanks it out of my grasp.

"This shit doesn't look good on you anymore. You're not an emo kid, you're a strong wolf who's going to meet and woo his mate."

Ford growls in approval of Linkin's statement.

We both dart downstairs and hug Aramina goodbye.
"Have fun boys, don't be back too late."

~

I see her. She looks gorgeous, too gorgeous.
She dyed her hair white and tanned her skin, in hopes that other wolves don't recognize her.

But I do.
I'd recognize her anywhere. She's my mate, my soul bound and there's nothing I wouldn't do for her. Not that I can do much, but I'll offer everything I have.

"Hey there, handsome. Wanna dance?" A black haired girl asks me and twirls her hair with her finger.
Skinny, shorter-than-an-inchworm skirt and a bandeu top.
Josalina Roberts aka one of my high school tormentors.

She may be an awful she-wolf, but she is undeniably beautiful. If only she had friends who were actually a good influence.

She clutches my arm with her claws. Well, not claws, but her nails are long enough to be classified as a weapon.

I growl at her, making her jump and get the message to leave me alone.

"Man, I've never seen a guy pass up Josalina like that." A wolf on my left says. I think his name is Tristan.

"Dude, you gay or something?"

A growl erupts from Linkin this time.
"Don't talk to my brother like that."

"Okay, was just jokin." Tristan says and rubs the back of his neck.

I move away from the crowd, shove my hands into the pockets of my black jeans and lean on a tree. Should I speak to her? It's been so long since I spoke I don't think I can.
I attempt to say 'hi' but end up sounding like a frog croaking for the first time.
I sigh in frustration. What will I even say!?

Try harder! Mate has to hear our voice!

Screw it.

I shove my way through the dancing mob with only one thing on my mind. Chloe.