19

"Wal-king into the lion's den, I hope I don't get ea-ten." I sing using the Jack and Jill melody.

I happily skip like a maniac as Kaden, Anastasia, Kella and I cross into the restricted lands of our territory.

"She's lost it."

"Does she need meds?"

Anastasia and Kaden deliberately left the pack link open so I could hear every word they said. Not that it bothers me.

As a safety measure, the three follow behind me in wolf form and tiger form while I walk in my human form carrying their clothes in a red duffel bag.

"Stormy weather!" I shout into the dark.

I strain my ears and focus on my surroundings.
I can hear the faint beat of three hearts behind me and many more tiny ones belonging to the woodland creatures surrounding me.

With my perfect night vision, I see a single small leaf fall to the ground. My eyes dart to the tree it comes from.

A smile makes its way to my face.

"Why is she smiling like that?"

A growl reverberates in the cool night air. A dark figure drops from a tree and lands in front of me.

Kaden rushes to stand in front of me and growls at the threat.

"Call off your dogs and cat, princess." The figure's hoarse voice snarls out.

"Stand down." I order Kaden.

Kaden returns to his position behind me alongside Kella and Anastasia.
The figure pulls down its hood and gives me a sly smirk.

"We meet again, Storm." I say nonchalantly.

"I'm surprised you remembered the passcode." The smirk on her face vanishes and turns into a half smile." It's been a while, hey."

"Yeah. We need your help." I say with a smile.

"Of course you do, princess. Why else would you intrude here with your pets?" She folds her muscular arms across her chest and tilts her head to the side.

"The future queen of the witches was kidnapped and is being held hostage by my wretched aunt and rogues."

"Isn't this the witches' battle then?" Her darkening grey eyes turn a shade just lighter than black.

"It's also ours because remember Kenneth? Yeah, his mate is back for vengeance. I thought she'd move on because she is a white witch, you know? White witches are usually the good Samaritans of the world."

Storm looks thoughtful for a good few minutes.
I just hope she's with us during this battle. We don't know how many rogues we're dealing with here and this might spark a war.
Storm is our greatest weapon in battle and it didn't take an idiot to figure out that we need her.

"Fine. Ain't like I got other things to do."

I let out a sigh of relief.
Now let's just hope the moon goddess is on our side.

~

"Are we all ready?"

All the two hundred wolf and witch warriors in front of me nod.

Storm, who took the position beside me, pulls down the hood of her cloak and gives me a nod.

I lead the procession to the partially rundown warehouse where the rogue witches and wolves are meeting in.

Our scents are hidden and tracks cleared, thanks to the witch warriors provided by Stellas Harmony and Courtney. It's so much easier to work together when it's the females making the important decisions.