Chapter 23

Narrator's point of view

In the span of 3 days, Violette spent it with her parents and their friends who was delighted on getting to know her. As such, she also spent the nights with Hermione playing around and laughing until they noticed the sun rise which made them sleep already. Ginny didn't mind the ruckus as she would always sense that there were something special between the two girls.

Harry and Ron also visited the girl's room one time and that night was all funs and games until Molly had to pull the boy's ears to leave their room. Let's say they were laughing too much that disturbed many of the other people in the house's sleep.

For their own boredom and amusement, Hermione and Violette built a fort that was big enough for all three girls to get inside. They spent it by Violette telling stories of what happened to her back in summer. It only consists of blurred memories and many drunk bad decisions that kept the girls entertained.

Also, Hermione received a letter from Hogwarts saying that she has been selected to be a Prefect for this year. She was absolutely delighted and excited as well so Ron who got promoted the same thing.

Now, Violette sat alone in the middle of the night. She had woken from a nightmare she has been experiencing since last month, It only stopped when she talked to her father but now it came back haunting her once more. She could see Cedric and her having a laugh and walk like the usual and having people look at them like they were the perfect duo. In all of a sudden, she gets sucked in reality where Cedric's life has been taken away and she didn't even say goodbye. She brought the cup up her lips and drank the cold water to ease her dry throat.

The Black's eyebags were clear as the sky itself, her light blue eyes never did seem to function whenever she is not in the mood. Her personality didn't match well to her when she gets all riled up and depressing thoughts running her head 24/7.

Everytime she closed her eyes, she could see how Cedric dropped to the ground, his wand on his chest like he fought a good battle but lost anyways. The faint noise of people cheering as they thought he was catching his breath but he was definitely not since he had already stopped breathing even before he got transported back. She could feel Ron's and Hermione's hand on her arms and shoulders, pulling her away from her bestfriend as she desperately wail for them to let her go.

"Hey..."

She got startled by a sudden voice on her left making her jump and look to see who it was. She chuckled, ignoring her violently shaking hand that she chose to hide by putting it on her lap.

"I just needed a drink. It's not alcohol, don't worry." Violette whispered and watched as Hermione sat down besides her in worry.

Her eyes were sharp as knives and definitely saw how the girl was so deep in thought that she was afraid to interrupt the Black. Even that shaking hands that won't go away.

"You should be sleeping." Violette pointed out, her eyes looking directly to Hermione who held a concerned look for her.

"You should be too as well..." Hermione pointed out and rest her arm on the table, looking straightly to Violette who seemed to struggle on staying still. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah— I'm just really thirsty. I'll get more water." She said and stood up almost losing balance but still kept going to grab a jug of water that was on the kitchen counter.

She walked back to where Hermione was and tried pouring the water onto the cup but failed as her hand won't stop moving like she can't control it on her own making it spill on the table.

"Okay okay— I'll do that for you, you can sit down." Hermione said taking the Jug away and putting it aside after pouring her one. She swallowed hard, feeling pain for seeing the girl she's grown to like struggle.

"I'm just a little cold... That's all." The Black excused but both know it's a lie.

The Brown haired girl paid no attention to the cold lie she got and instead reached out to grab Violette's cold shaky hands. As cold as the night is, Her hands was extremely warm to the Black who slowly composed herself.

"You should tell me if you keep getting these attacks. It's difficult to handle it on your own." She consoled and moved closer to Violette who seemed flustered and embarrassed. She tilted her head to look at the blue eyes she missed so much.

"I am not getting a panic attack, Hermione. I merely think of Cedric anymore." said Violette who spoke of a half truth. The deceased Hufflepuff only comes to her head when it's when she's asleep and vulnerable to prey on. She thought it stopped by bonding with her family but it came back.

"You don't have to pretend around me, Black. I can see right through you and honestly, I don't know why you even bother of it." Hermione explained that soothed the girl by both chuckling quietly on their place. She felt her hands slowly starting to stop but she wanted to hold her for as long as she could.

The two fell into a sudden silence which gave them a bit of adrenaline on what they think they should do. Hermione and Violette restrained themselves of what they were thinking, seeing as fit, they might ruin their friendship by a sudden feeling.

Hermione cleared her throat, being the one who's heart was thumping loudly inside her chest. "We should go to sleep, Violette. It's getting a bit late."

Her hands painfully released Violette's who wanted nothing more but to give in to her thoughts that occupied her whole instincts. She nervously tapped her shoes on the floor and watched Hermione walk painfully slow to the closed door.

Violette closed her eyes for a second and sighed knowing full well she'll regret it by the morning. "Hermione." She called her name and stood up rather quickly and aiming to hold her close.

The Granger turned around only for her eyes to widen when she saw how close Violette was. Without wasting a second, The Black held her waist and pushed her to the nearest wall. The two held a longing stare for each other, not knowing what to do.

Violette cursed herself in her thoughts and leaned in to capture Hermione's lips who was dying for this moment to happen since forever. The half blonde's hand reached up to the other's cheek, softly caressing it wanting Hermione to know that this was definitely her being lovely.

Hermione's arm wrapped around her neck, pulling a certain Black more closer than anyone would imagine. With much force and eagerness, the two moved in sync and their lips locking like it was meant to be.

Violette was a bit taller than the other seeing as she was practically hovering above while Hermione had to look up all the way. It didn't matter as much when they are literally making out in a dark and silent room where hours ago their entire family ate. The only thing they could hear was their lips crashing against each other and the ragged breathing.

After a few minutes, Violette backed away and didn't want anything more to do than to keep continuing what she's done. But first, she was more concerned for how Hermione reacted. She breathed in and out like she has been underwater for too long and it was the same for Hermione, regaining her humane.

"I... I'm sorry." Violette whispered but neither did seem to back away. Hermione's eyes shined once she kept a close eye contact with Violette, her arms still wrapped around the Black's neck not wanting to let go.

"Sorry? I've been waiting to do that for months now..." Hermione confessed and it certainly made the other girl look at her in confusion. "Just... Don't ask questions and shut up for a few minutes." She ordered and pulled Violette closer, their lips had found their way to each other again making both smile.