Chapter 12: Awakening

When I entered the room with the queen I could tell by Tarrant's gaze that we would be discussing this later. He also seemed to be looking me up and down as I went over to stand next to him.

"Did she hurt you?" He whispered hastily, and I realized he was in fact checking me for injury. His eyes landed on my cheek that started to bruise even more. He gentle cupped it and I flinched a little.
"How dare she." He muttered softly.
I smiled gently taking his hand and squeezing it. A soft redness came to his pale checks which I have to admit I was finding endearing.

"I'm fine. We will talk later."

"HATTER! SEAMSTRESS! PRESENT YOUR CRAFT!" The queen boomed as she sat in a chair, her quart behind her watching on.

Hatter and I bowed as we went to our masterpieces.

"Which would you like to see first my lady." A hand maiden spoke timidly

Her large eyes flicked to me, silently giving me a command. I have a curt nod, curtsied, and brought one by one dresses forward. I explained the type of dress and in what formality they would best be used for. I spoke with as much confidence not really caring if I stepped over a line. I could see Tarrant out of the corner of my eye, smiling softly as I moved from dress to dress.

I stopped when the queen suddenly stood up. She made her way towards me, then slowly walked the line of dresses sometimes reaching out to grip the fabric.

"You will look stunning in all of these dresses!"

"A work of art!"

"Gorgeous!"

Her audience cooed trying to break the silence.

Then the queen turned to me once more

"These are gorgeous dresses."

I smiled slightly

"Thank you your majesty."

she opened her mouth to say something else , when her gaze landed somewhere on my body.

Her eyes widened and she rushed toward me, so fast I honestly thought she was going to run me down. I gasped when hatter stepped in front of me tucking me behind him right as the queen got to him.

Everyone in the room gasped shocked at his action and my heart raced

"How dare you! Guards remove this man! Off with his-"

"Wait!" I pushed passed hatter giving him a stern look

"Please. He knows not what he does. Is there something you'd like to say to me?"

Her anger seemed to dim slightly as her gaze returned to me. I flinched as she reached out and touched something on my being. The pendant that I kept tucked in my dress, was revealed held gently in her hand

My mother's bow and arrow necklace.

"Where..." that was the only words she could get out.

"My mother." I practically growled the tone causing her to look up. I didn't back down though. "And I think you know who that is."

Her mouth was wide in utter horror and almost shock. This once little piece of evidence on top of others, was the last things she needed to confirm her suspicions. Then her face turned red and she shouted suddenly

"Guards! This seamstress needs to learn some manners! Take her away, and teach them!"

I gasped as two knights marched forward towards me

"No!" Tarrant shouted trying to reach for me but another knight rushed forward pushing him to the ground. "Andromeda! Don't hurt her!"

Roughly the two others took my wrists dragging me out of the room as a struggled