Sixteen: Bella left

Charlie went to the third day of the funeral this morning. Bella and Alice are cleaning up the house. I got a call from Emily, she asked me to come help cook for the funeral. According to her Quileute funerals last 4 days, they bury him on the fourth day. I went and helped make tons of sandwiches last night for evening services.

I was putting on a pair of sweats and tank top when the doorbell rang. I looked at Bella, who was elbow deep in comet on the floor of the bathroom.

"Hold on!" She shouted in the general direction of the front door, getting up and hurrying to the sink to rinse her arms off.

"Bella," Alice said with a trace of frustration in her voice, "I have a fairly good guess who that might be,
and I think I'd better step out."

"Guess?" Bella echoes, sounding worried.

"If this is a repeat of my egregious lapse in foresight yesterday, then it's most likely Jacob Black or one of
his... friends."

I stared at her, putting it together. "You can't see werewolves?" I asked.

She grimaced. "So it would seem." She was obviously annoyed by this fact—very annoyed. The doorbell rang again—buzzing twice quickly and impatiently.

"You don't have go anywhere, Alice. You were here first." Bella says and I roll my eyes. She laughed her silvery little laugh—it had a dark edge.

"Trust me—it wouldn't be a good idea to have
me and Jacob Black in a room together." She kissed Bella's cheek before disappearing, then the doorbell rang again.

I grab my bag, ready to leave. I don't want to be stuck in this house with Bella and Alice. I don't like how cheerful Alice is. Cheerful people annoy me.

I followed Bella downstairs as she rushes to swing the door open to reveal a shaking Jacob. He looks like he's trying to keep calm but his hands are still trembling. I looked past Bella at Jake's rabbit parked in front of my car. Jared was behind the wheel while Em was in the passenger seat. A figure was in the backseat but I couldn't tell who it was. This means they didn't trust Jake to come alone. If the pack doesn't trust her neither should I.

"Hey." Bella finally says. Jake pierces his lips, still hanging back from the door. "She's not here. Do you need something?"

"You're alone?" He asks. Bella nods her head. "Can I talk to you a minute?" She moves out of the way to let him in. Jake eyes me when he walks past me and I exit the house. Bella shuts the door behind me and I hear a window being rolled down.

"You need a ride?" Em asks.

"Sure." I smile and open the car door. Paul is sitting on the other side of the backseat, I'm gonna have to scoot over when Jake comes back.

"I don't like this." Jared grits while shaking his head.

"She picked the bloodsucker over him last night. She hurt him first." Em says while shaking his head. Then I hear the boys snarl as Alice exits the house and unlocked her car, throwing bags into the trunk. Bella and Jake following after her.

"She's leaving." Em says. I unlock my door and open is. A large hand grabs my arm while I try to get out. I turn my head to see Paul. He releases my hand after I give him a death stare and I slam my door after I get out. Bella and Jake are hugging by the time I get over to them and Jake whispers something inaudible. Bella says something back and I rush to her door.

"Bella what are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm going to save Edward." She says. I hold her door to keep her from shutting it.