10

After the little episode in the kitchen, Orion had sent flowers as a token of apology to Roxanne; She had to stormed her way to his office and complained about how angry she was at him and Orion sat there watching his soon to be Luna huff and rant...

After the little episode in the kitchen, Orion had sent flowers as a token of apology to Roxanne; She had to stormed her way to his office and complained about how angry she was at him and Orion sat there watching his soon to be Luna huff and rant like a kid before she began sobbing and weeping out her insecurities of not being good enough as a mate, Orion understood and sat her in his lap and stroked her back whilst whispering all the things he adored about her. He understood her concerns and her insecurities, she was rejected and betrayed and her tears weren't just the resultant of Natalia showing up at their door step, instead it was resultant of her pent up frustrations and hurt she had to face. She wasn't over her past yet and he had accepted it, it would take her time to heal.

Her sobs died down after a while and all could be heard was her soft whimpers as she slept peacefully with her head on his chest. His heart clenched painfully as he took her featured in, she had a runny nose with dried tears on her chubby cheeks. 

"I will protect you." He whispered softly as a knock was heard on his door,

"Come in." He spoke.

Beta Jones walked in, as soon as his eyes set on the sleeping figure on Orion's lap his eyes hardened.

"Orion, with all due respect, I know you claimed her last night but she is still fragile..."He trailed off.

"I know and I am willing to wait. I understand your concern, Stefan. I admire her and I am not fooling around." Orion spoke confidently.

Sensing honesty and determination in his tone, The Beta bowed slightly and nodded.

"You have my blessings, but one wrong doing on your part- I will rip you off to shreds Alpha or not." Stefan firmly threatened. Orion would have growled at the threat but he understood his Beta. Furthermore, Beta Jones was his father's best friends and was like a father figure to him.

"We have a meeting with Draco King next week in the human town regarding the land dispute, Orion." Jones informed, Orion's eyes hardened at the mention of Draco and so did Jones'. 

"Alright." With that, Beta Jones took his leave. 

Orion heaved out a heavy sigh, he was going to face the foolish wolf who had hurt his soon to be Luna. He didn't want to face him but this land dispute has been going on for the last two years and it needed to settled; The two packs weren't situated in the same continent but the piece of land, about which the dispute raised was situated by the borders of the Dark Moon Pack. That small piece of land was owned by his late Mother, she was initially a rogue and did not want to joint he Rogue's community hence, she decided on living on her own. Back then his mother was only a sixteen year old and her cottage was in the land, she had run away from her abusive pack and build the Cottage on her own; back then, her land was by the borders of another small pack which was later captured by Draco's father. Alpha Knox, or Orion's father visited the celebration ceremony of victory of the king's on various packs in their continent and that's when he stumbled upon his mate, Orion's mother. She had to leave but the piece of land was legally under her name and the Kings didn't try to capture her land after she left. 

A week ago, Orion had talked to Alpha King who firmly stated that the piece of land belongs to his mother but it was son's now chosen mate who wanted that land to build her own Cottage and hence his Son was hell bent on acquiring the land for the sake of his chosen Luna. He also informed Orion that for the last two years Draco did not clearly state the reason behind his want for the land, it was after he ha declared that he had found his Luna he talked about why he wanted the land. Orion was enraged, he couldn't and wouldn't let go of the land which holds the memories of his late mother especially not for a whiny and vain woman. 

He picked up the office phone and dialed a number,

"Hello, May I speak to Elder Matilda Knox?" He asked the person on the other end.

"...."

"Uh, yes this is her grandson, Alpha Orion Knox speaking..." 

"..."

"Okay..."

Three seconds later, a woman spoke,

"Oh so now you remember me?" The raspy voice of his Grandmother spoke.

His wolf rolled his eyes. 'Such a drama Queen.' His wolf said. He chuckled before answering,

"Oh, sweet Grandma.... I have missed you!" He spoke sweetly.

"Nuh-uh...Sweet talking won't get you anywhere, Son. Now tell me, when are you going to meet me?" She scolded.

"Soon. I found my Luna...." He whispered cautiously. 

His grandmother let out a loud squeal which had wince as Roxanne stirred in her sleep.

"What's her name? Oh Gosh! I'll finally become a great grandmother! Is she beautiful? of course, she is! Which pack is she from? Oh gosh! I can't wait to meet her!...wait, I hope its not that blonde girly who comes in unannounced! Please, don't tell me you chose her...." His Grandma rambled. 

Orion barked out a laugh,

"No, Grandma...Her name's Roxanne and she is Beta Jones' niece...Will talk about her later but first, I need to talk to you about the land dispute with the Dark Moon Pack..."His tone got serious as she spoke about the dispute.

"Alright." His grandma spoke seriously, the duo then proceeded to talk about the case whilst a sleepy Roxanne nuzzled deeper into Orion's chest.

" His grandma spoke seriously, the duo then proceeded to talk about the case whilst a sleepy Roxanne nuzzled deeper into Orion's chest