𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 : 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

y'AlL aBouT tO gEt a swEet tOOth frOm all tHiS flUfF-and angst :) also, anyone who needed a heads up, this DOES end in a cliffhanger-

and angst :) also, anyone who needed a heads up, this DOES end in a cliffhanger-

(also, please read the author's note of the end! it's important, thank you :) )

tw: fluff/serotonin, some angst, mentions of blood and death, some sexual innuendos (they're just jokes, pleAse- ) please read at your own risks, angels! and welcome back to crying at the club ;)

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The world around the Japanese girl felt as though everything had stilled, as if the rain of hellfire and meteors had finally fell to a rest, leaving smoke and dust in its wake. There wasn't the painful jolt of electricity that had coursed through the boys' bodies, nor the aching and throbbing pain that lingered in her body. Instead, she felt comfortable and warm, something not even she could achieve whilst living on her own, to feel her head rise and fall with every breath, making her slowly open her eyes to glance at the Patterson boy.

There she laid at the top of his chest, their arms secured around each other as if the morning breeze in sunny California would force the other to drift away, the careful beat of his phantom heart beating rhythmically against his chest. It brought the softest of smiles to touch the Asian girl's lips as she took a good look at him, noticing how he seemed to curl in on himself with her in his arms, the furrow between his brows as he rested. She could see the slightest pout tugging on his lips, to feel him flex as he clutched onto her hips when she had tried to sit up.

Magnolia had found the courage to worm her hand away from her side and out of Luke's tightening grasp and reach towards his face, carefully stroke out the chestnut curl from his forehead before carefully massaging the furrow between his brows. He visibly relaxed in response to the warmth in her touch, the icy feeling that had travelled through her entire body replaced with the mere ghost of warmth that Luke's body seemed to provide for the both of them. There was a slight curl to his lips that had prompted the Japanese girl that laid at the stop if his chest to rest her head back onto the crook in his neck, inhaling the scent of peppermint and pinewood that had numbed her brain into a world of serenity.