Part 4

IV

Fourth meeting,

Cape Town Lodge Hotel, South Africa

July 20, 2018

Charlie's POV

What a sigh of relief I felt to be attending this conference here in Cape Town. After back-to-back assignments for the Rohingya crisis and Yemen I'm beat, she thinks to herself. This conference on Child Soldiers and children who are caught in crossfire will give me better perspectives on the conflicts and disasters and the children I encounter in all my assignments.

Fidgeting around her bag she looks for her phone to get the details about the conference when she bumps into someone huge and she loses her balance. This guy looks really really familiar, she thought to herself.

Chris: Oops, sorry miss I was in a rush.

Holds Charlie's shoulders to steady her.

Charlie: Hey! You're from Boston right? Remember the BBQ at Frederick's?

Chris: Hey! Yeah! Charlie right?

Charlie: Yes! Hi Chris! What brings you here?

Chris: I'm shooting a new movie for Netflix – I think the plot of this one is somewhere up your alley.

Charlie: Really? Sounds interesting!

Chris: Hey I'm sorry to rush out but I can't talk but would like to have coffee some time to catch up. What's your number?

*Exchanging numbers*

Charlie: Good seeing you Chris! See you around!

Chris: Yeah! What a coincidence bumping into you here of all places!

Charlie: Yeah! Take care!

Chris: You too!

Charlie's POV

Charlie proceeds to find hall where her conference takes place in. She was pleasantly surprised to run into Chris here in Cape Town.

Chris' POV

What a nice surprise he thinks to himself. I'm interested to talk more to Charlie and find out about her work. She seems like a sensible, brave person who reminds me of this role I'm currently playing in the movie Red Sea Diving Resort.

Chris SMS:

Hey Charlie! Nice to see you! When will you be free? Filming hasn't officially started yet so I have a couple of days downtime.

Charlie SMS:

Hi Chris! Yeah! Pleasant surprise! My conference is starting today and then ending tomorrow. How about lunch the day after?

Chris SMS:

Sounds good! I was told this place called Harvest Cafe and Deli has a nice view of the Tabletop Mountain. So will you be free around 12 noon day after tomorrow?

Charlie SMS:

Yeah, sounds great! See you then!