Part 5

V

Harvest Cafe and Deli

Two days after

*Finding a spot at the cafe's rooftop*

Chris arrives first and orders a Harvest juice from the cafe as he marvels at the view from the top – the Tabletop mountain serenely resting in front of him. Such calming sight he thinks to himself. It's nice to have downtime before the chaos and excitement of filming begins.

Charlie arrives and is told by the waiter that Chris is up on the Cafe's rooftop. She joins him shortly.

Seeing that the rooftop was almost empty at this hour she calls out:

Charlie: Hey Chris, made it!

Chris: Charlie, good to see you! Look at the view!

Charlie: Yes it's very nice and calming and believe me I'm in need of calm these days.

Chris: Me too. It's such a relief. Here have a seat.

He stands up and offers her a seat beside him.

Charlie and Chris: How are you? (They say at the same time). *chuckles*

Chris: You go first.

Charlie: (catching her breathe) It's nice to be here. The conference is sort of a breather for me from my back-to-back Rohingya and Yemen crisis assignments. It's been an exciting half-year for me Chris, but tiring.

Chris: Yeah it's been a crazy busy year for me as well. Just wrapped up Avengers Infinity War press tour and after shooting some scenes of Red Diving Resort here I rush back to Atlanta to finish filming the next Avengers movie. Can't tell you the title just yet Charlie *wink wink*

Charlie: Sounds exciting Chris! We're all over!

Chris: Where are you off to after this?

Charlie: Last I heard I'm off to our Syria response.

Chris: Doesn't it tire you out?

Charlie: My job? Yes sometimes. After all I'm human too. But when I see the faces of the children that we help provide psychosocial support and medical attention to all my weariness goes out the window.

Chris: I feel you. As an actor when people appreciate my work it means a lot. But when kids look up to me as Captain America the impact is tremendous. Inspires me a lot.

Charlie: Same here, same here.

Chris: You must be famished. Let's order.

Charlie: Sure.

(Charlie orders a Gingifer juice and Eggs Benedict with mushrooms and cranberries without almonds and Chris orders a Free-range beef burger).

Chris: Just a curious question – no almonds?

Charlie: Yes, I'm allergic.

Chris: So tell me a little more about yourself, we seem to be bumping into each other often.

Charlie: You can say that. Well, I'm an only child. My parents separated when I was eight. My father's a former military guy and my mom was a newspaperwoman covering the military/defense beat in my country. As a child I was highly exposed to their world. That's why later on I ended up talking up Journalism for my undergrad, joining the newspaper and then eventually getting a scholarship to study peace in Costa Rica and now here I'd like to say this job is the fulfillment of my childhood dreams. That's in a nutshell. Smiles.

Chris: Interesting! Jasmine is your cousin? She's a friend of a friend.

Charlie: Yes. From my mother side, she's like the sister I never had. We're pretty close. When I met you in Boston, she was telling me to spend Christmas with her for a change not out anywhere else.