Chapter Twenty-Eight

Percy Jackson POV:

...what?

I can't even wrap my head around what just happened. I was doing homework with Jordan, the front door open, and then suddenly I was kissing Jordan. Oh god, I kissed another girl.

To be fair, I have never pulled away from a kiss so quickly. I jumped faster than Grover does when someone mentions enchiladas. I was now sitting on the far end of the couch, staring at Jordan like she had two heads (which might have actually surprised me less - I'm a demigod after all.) I can handle things with two heads. I can't handle random girls kissing me.

Jordan stared back. Despite being the one who initiated the kiss, she looked just as shocked as I did. Thoughts were racing through my head, but they all disappeared when I heard a thump sound by the front door. My heart sank into my stomach.

I whipped my head toward the door and confirmed my fears - there stood Annabeth, a confused look on her face and her bag dropped to the floor next to her. She seemed expressionless for a moment, which made me think that she didn't see anything, but that didn't last for long. She got that same look on her face as she gets when she's trying to read Shakespeare (even daughters of Athena are dyslexic.)

Her eyebrows knit together and her lips pursed slightly, looking back and forth between me and Jordan. I would've told her she looked pretty if I didn't think that would lead to my immediate demise. She just stood there for a while, looking at us.

"...Annabeth?" I mumbled gently, trying to pull her from her trance. I'm pretty sure it worked.

"What the hell is happening?" She asked blankly. I wasn't quite sure how to answer that, as I wasn't able to wrap my head around it either. Do I apologize? Do I blame it on Jordan? Annabeth will believe me, right? I mean, it WAS Jordan's fault, but immediately blaming her probably won't look very innocent on my end.

Jordan sniffled beside me. I turned to look at her and saw her wiping her eyes. If I wasn't confused before, I definitely was now. She's crying? I blinked, wondering if I was dreaming. No, she's definitely crying.

"I'm so glad you're here, Annabeth!" Jordan leaped up from the couch and wrapped Annabeth in a hug, burying her face into her shoulder. Annabeth kept her arms at her side, staring down at Jordan in stunned silence.

"What happened?" She asked again, sounding less sure of the situation.

Jordan pulled away from the hug, dusting herself off and wiping away another tear. "I came over to help Percy with some homework," she began, adding another sniffle for dramatic effect, "and he kept saying all these weird things; calling me pretty, telling me that we were home alone. I was so scared, I'm just so glad you're here!"

Annabeth looked over at me, but I didn't even know what to say. Jordan was really playing it up. "T-that's not true! I didn't say anything!" I managed to stutter out. Smooth, Jackson.

Jordan whipped her head towards me, glaring. "You even kissed me, you jerk! You're dating Annabeth, how could you do that to her?!" She sobbed, clinging to Annabeth again.

I sputtered, standing up and looking at Annabeth desperately. "Wise Girl, you know I would never do that..."

Annabeth continued to stare at me for a bit, then looked back to the crying girl next to her. "Jordan?" She began gently.

Jordan glanced up at her, pouting. "Yeah?" She responded in a sad tone.

"Do you think I'm stupid?"

"W-what?" Jordan faltered.

My girlfriend chuckled quietly, gingerly unwrapping herself from Jordan's tight grip around her waist. "I know Percy better than I know myself, and I know he'd never do that," Annabeth said. Jordan's shoulders slumped defeatedly.