Chapter 1

This book is for music and Harry Styles.

Without whom, I'd be a lost soul.

A/N: Hiiii! I started another one hehe. I had this idea while I was watching Pitch Perfect when they performed "Right Round" lolll. My brain is all over the place, idk it's so random.

I want to emphasize that this is a short story. As in very little. It's not going to be too many chapters tbh, and rn it's looking like maybe 4 or 5. I'll see where it goes but yeah, I want it to be clear that this is nowhere near the length of Golden or anything, lol.

I'm excited for it!! I hope you enjoyyyyy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Excuse me, are you Penny?"

I look up from the inventory at the sound of a deep voice and my eyes land on a tall figure. His thick brown hair is tussled and his cheeks are red, clearly flushed. His beige cardigan is loose on him and I watch him play with the sleeve until I move my eyes up further and meet unfamiliar green ones. And I see the most stupidly attractive man I've ever laid eyes on.

"H-Hi. Yeah, I'm Penny. You are?" I extend my hand to him with a timid smile.

"Harry. Harry Styles." His voice cracks and he clears his throat. "I interviewed with Logan a few days ago. I'm supposed to start today?"

I raise my eyebrows and nod at the memory. "Oh, right. He told me yesterday, it must've slipped my mind." I smile apologetically at him and motion my hands to the mess of paperwork on the counter in front of me. "I've been swamped."

He shakes his head with a polite smile, "No worries, I understand. He told me you'd show me the ropes today, though? I'll wait for whenever you're read-"

"No, it's no problem. We can start now!" I smile and set my clipboard down to go around the counter. I motion for him to follow me to the back of our small store. "So, where are you from? I like your accent."

I hear him chuckle lowly, "Thank you. I'm from Cheshire. It's in England. Just moved here, actually."

I look over my shoulder and raise an eyebrow, "Yeah? And you decided San Francisco was better than England? And decided to work at a record shop, of all places?"

He laughs again as I turn to face forward, "Well, I honestly just wanted a change of scenery and I need money to pay for my flat. I saw this place was hiring and gave it a shot." He pauses. "Also, after hearing 'Save Me San Francisco', I just knew this place was the one."

"Ah, you like Train. I can appreciate a man with taste. I think we'll get along just fine, Harry." I turn to him with a smile.

He smiles back as we reach the office. I show him around and tell him what's usually done in here, so he gets a feel for the place. He nods along to everything I say and I watch him pinch his pink, full lips whenever he's confused. I'm not blind. He's pretty and so are his lips. I think it'd be more abnormal to not stare at him. But I will myself to look away and focus on teaching him. We head back out to the floor and I lead him to the records.

"So," I point to the stack in front of me. "We organize it by year, not by genre. I know, it's weird. Don't even get me started." I roll my eyes and he laughs. "So we have from the 1930's," I walk us to the other side of the aisle. "To present day. Got it?"

He nods. "Got it."

I walk us to the front, "By the way, there's two other guys you'll meet sooner or later. It's Logan, myself, Danny, and Chris. And you now!"