8. A Talented Hubby

Avni simply zoned out of this world, if the earth chooses to swallow her this instant she might just happily give in. Why can't just a day ever pass without her causing trouble? Her mother-in-law is going to ring up her mother and complain about an ear full. It will be no wonder if her mother just gives in and agrees with Radha's lecture about how disgraceful of a daughter Avni is.

Faint sounds of Aniruddh setting plates and food on the table has bought her back to reality and almost in seconds, Avni got on her feet trying to help her husband with setting the table. The sweet aroma of food made her drool in hunger, soft-looking butter naans, a heavenly smelling mixed vegetable curry and toasted bread? How could a person cook so much in such a short period?

 The sweet aroma of food made her drool in hunger, soft-looking butter naans, a heavenly smelling mixed vegetable curry and toasted bread? How could a person cook so much in such a short period?

Aniruddh pulled his chair out and settled in it running a hand through his smooth hair and Avni could hear a filmy moment of violins playing in the background as he did that. She could see him speak something as his lips moved but the violins in the background just made her admire the movement of his jaw and the raise of his eyebrows.

"Avni! Is anything wrong?"

"Huh?" She mumbled out dumbly as Aniruddh started waving his hand on her face and that was when she nervously chewed on the inside of her left cheek.

Shit. He caught her staring him.

"Uhh, I just happened to talk with you mother and unknowingly I angered her-"

"Again?" The widening of his eyes and the shock in his tone didn't go unnoticed by her. What is she supposed to do when all the bad luck in this universe is attracted to her?

"Yeah. She was very upset seeing you in the kitchen, you know-" She trailed off the sentence leaving the remaining part for his imagination.

Aniruddh shook his head, his face falling a little as he served the food on their plates while Avni prevented herself from biting her fingers off from nervousness. Great, she is so capable of upsetting people in seconds! He did all the work, and at the end, all he got to hear was a piece of bad news that his mother was angry at his wife. A new episode of a dramatic, irritating daughter-in-law.

Maybe her mother was right, she is just a disappointment.

"Don't dwell too much about my mother's words. She can be a little rough with words, but she is another big softie at heart. Who knows, maybe in future you both might become an inseparable duo?" Aniruddh gave out a smile as he filled her glass with water.

Though Avni knew that scenario might never happen, the fact that Aniruddh was trying to cheer up her mood made her feel good.

"Maybe," Avni smiled giving in with his try, "And then we both will permanently hire you as a chef."

Both of them burst out laughing imagining Aniruddh in a huge white hat. For the first time after their wedding, Aniruddh was smiling with her and that made her heart swell with happiness, it almost seems weird to herself about how she has developed a crush on her husband.