Chapter Twenty-Four

* * *

Kenzie had supplied everyone with clothes, but no one dared go near the Alpha as he sat down in front of his mate.

Camilla had inched as close as anyone could and offered a blanket to wrap around Sage's naked form.

Whatever happened, she managed to shift back to skin.

But Remus felt no sense of arousal, nothing.

Instead, he watched in pure demand to see her stomach rise and fall, the coats of blood and dirt caked her body in every area.

Leo suggested moving her elsewhere, and Liam and Luke voiced that the infirmary wouldn't help her recovery.

Which settled Remus to carefully pick up his mate and carrying up to his room.

Kenzie had offered to clean and dress the wounds, but the only reaction she had received from the Alpha was a gutful growl. Causing her to leave all the supplies by the door, as an already overzealous mate wasn't usually mindful of their actions when it came to their injured mate's safety.

He bathed her, though, for the sake of his sanity and decency, he covered her better half. Trying to cause the least bit of distraction on his part, and once that had been finished, he threw the ointment away and settled for his saliva instead.

Remus licked clean every square inch of her wounds, but no amount of attention could unravel her from her sleep. But what did catch his attention was the small marking behind her right ear, though it looked to be a birthmark that started to regain coloring.

Goddess was that—

The Alpha darted out of the room and down the hall to see everyone patched up. It still surprised him just how much damage his little mate did to all those who participated. Although Keinze begged the Alpha to let her clean his wounds, he ignored her and said one line that silenced each and every heartbeat.

"I know where she went."

It was strange to think that she went somewhere, but the werewolves in the room understood. Especially after the Moon Goddess' mark was making itself visible. Usually, it remained faint and difficult to spot, but this one held the same shading as a tattoo.

What did this mean?

Not everyone could get an audience with the Moon goddess herself, and now it would be in a mixed report to all other packs. This was surely going to bring more unwanted attention to Sage.

The she-wolf's siblings all took a look at the tattoo behind her right ear, and all of them could agree that they'd never seen it before. Especially Camilla, who has done her hair and bathed her on multiple occasions.

However, on the flip side to all of this, Sage watched in complete and utter confusion as she peered in at the scene before her.

She frowned at her limp body on the bed in front of her, and when she tried to gain anyone's attention, they ignored her.

Her emotions took charge once again as she began to sob out, painfully as well.

Don't cry, my child. Everything is going to be alright.

She had heard that far too many times, and no matter how soft that voice sounded. It was met with a growl and darting eyes in the direction of a new figure.

The woman held beautiful white silvery hair, a thin cloth that wrapped and looped around the body tastefully. Though Sage took in none of those details, she stood her ground and created further distance away from the unknown figure.