Chapter 17

Ahad's POV

I don't remember when I was this scared ever in my life. Ammi,Aimen came along with me.Maham wanted to come but Mannat was still newborn so she needed her mum.I was not in a state of mind to drive so we took the driver with us.I sat on the back seat with Roohi and Aimen while Ammi sat on front seat.

I called Roohi's doctor and informed her about her condition.She just wished is to rush to hospital.

When we were on our way,Roohi gained her consciousness.'Ahad' she just called me her voice was very weak.
"Yes Roohi"I replied back so that she can remain conscious.
"Where are we going?"She leaned in more into my shoulder.
"We are just going nearby to a park. "I didn't directly inform her as the doctor told me.

"Why let's go back, I'm tired " she mumbled.
"Roohi ammi and Aimen are also with us . They wanted to come along with us. It will be refreshing for you as well " when I told her, she turned her head and looked at ammi and Aimen.

"Bhabhi, I'll show you my favorite ice cream parlour "with that Aimen continued to divert Roohi's attention throughout the drive.

When the car came to halt, Roohi noticed where we have actually arrived.

"Ahad why are we at hospital?" She asked.
"We are just for another check up nothing to be worried about " I tried to reassure her.

"Nahi mujhe nhi jaana" she again started protesting and crying.
"Ammi let's go home. Mujhe nhi jaana andar please "

"Beta kuch nhi hoga , bus chota sa check up hai,you are my bahadur baccha nah" she tried to coax her. She was being stubborn like a kid.

I held her hand and dragged her out of the car gently.
"Roohi it will take hardly 10 minutes. Please for my sake " I assured her.

I was holding Roohi's hand and headed inside when Aimen called me.
"Yes Aimen?"  She was fidgting with her phone and spoke in a low voice that I could hear only.

"There is a spotting on bhabhi's dress bhai." I turned my head and looked at Roohi's back.

In a hurry, we didn't bring her abaya just a shawl to wrap around her head.
I knew this was not a good sign.

"Aimen can you please give your abaya to Roohi and take her shawl. " she understood the situation and took her in the washroom.

When they came out of washroom, Roohi was already crying. I quickly went towards her ,"Ahad I don't know......" her lips quivering as she spoke.

"Roohi just calm down, we are going to doctor okay". All I want now was her to healthy.

We were asked to enter the room. The doctor checked her .

After the check up, doctor asked me to meet her outside the room. I excused myself out.

"Mr Ahad, am sorry to inform you but there is no more time left. We need to medically terminate the pregnancy or else Roohi will have problems in the future conceiving.
So please sign these papers so we can start the process " with that she signalled the nurse to get the papers.

"Mr Ahad I need you to make her ready for the procedure mentally. I have already spoken to her" with that she made me sign the papers.

After that I went in the word where Roohi was present. Ammi was consoling her.
"Bhabhi, bhai has come "
Aimen was the first one to acknowledge my presence.

Ammi came towards me and spoke in a low tone, " beta it will be hard to make her agree. She is all broken. "
With that she left the room with Aimen.