12 - Boba Besties

"...Oh!" As we walked into the boba shop, Hari looked around and a smile soon was on her face. "This brings back so many memories of eighth grade, hehe." She glances at me and I quickly nod, pretending to agree.

Laughing a bit, I reply. "Mmhm!"

        The shop consisted of white and some pastel colors as its color scheme. The chairs were assigned a small cushion seat on each one and the tables were see-through, made out of glass. There were a few people sitting at the tables, most looking like teenagers our age. But of course, that's nothing surprising - even if school just got out. In my actual world, boba shops were so popular that there were always people in them 24/7. If you had this place there, it would be swarmed with students in no time.

Hari and I both wait in line, looking at the menu with fairy lights around it. As my eyes skim the menu, my head gets kinda dizzy due to how many options there are. Even the menus in the boba shops from my real world wouldn't be able to compare to these ones.

"Hmm, I spot some new choices on the menu! Maybe we should try one of them, Y/n." The heroine chirps, taking a glance at me. I blink and scratch my cheek.

"Oh, haha, I guess. Um, which drink are you going to choose then?"

Hari blinks and goes back to look at the menu, her eyes seemingly squinting a bit - and it looks like she's trying her best to decide. Ah, she must be quite the boba fanatic.

"Hehe, well, the names of the new drinks do sound pretty good - but I think I'm going to go with my usual in the end." She replies sheepishly.

I nod in response, opening my mouth to reply - but I stop myself right in time.

Whoops, I almost did an oopsie. I can't just ask "What's your usual?" to Hari, it's her usual for a reason. She'll immediately think something is up with me.

After all, we've supposedly visited this boba shop way too much in middle school or something, meaning that the actual Y/n would know Hari's order by heart. I'll be blowing my cover, even if my actual situation is completely unbelievable - it's better to be safe.

"..Oh, okay." I give her a forced grin back. Hopefully, my tone didn't sound out of place.

After the people in front of us are done ordering, Hari and I step up to the counter and look at the person taking our orders.

"Hello! What can I get for you two?"

Wait a minute! I've been too busy overthinking and panicking and not deciding what I'm going to get. Uh oh, this is a problem.

Hari smiles and takes out her mini purse, which looks really fancy - like it belongs to Gucci or Chanel. I'm surprised and distracted for a moment before remembering that Angelwood High is for rich kids only, except for me.

...Oh my god Y/n, can you stop getting distracted for one second?

"I'll get a small strawberry milk tea, please!" Hari says, looking at me to go next.

My eyes dart up around and I choose the first thing it lands on. "A-and I'll have a small peach milk tea!" The person smiles and nods, pressing some buttons on the screen before telling us our amount.

"That'll be $8.56! Would you like to pay with cash or credit?"

"I'll pay with cash," Hari replies.