𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

BROOKLYN , NEW YORK

___________________
|ELEMENTARY SCHOOL|

Ten year old Kenji stared at her neighbor and crush, Blake. Their windows were opposite of one another. Kenji could see right in his room and Blake could do the same to Kenji.

She's been in love with him for almost an entire week now. This currently being the longest she's ever had a crush on anyone.

"Ken! Come on, we have to go!" Her younger brother, Sekani yelled impatiently

"Okay! I'm coming!" The girl took one last peek at Blake before exiting her room, her sage green backpack bouncing with every step she took down the stairs

"Bye mommy! Bye dad!" She waved happily, pressing a kiss to her sick mother's cheek

"Bye babies! Have a good day. Kani, do you have your house key?" Her dad, Eddie smiled

"Yes sir." He replied, the eight year old held up a red and black painted key

The two children quickly walked out of the front door, headed to the bus stop down the street. As they passed the Vega household, Kenji couldn't help but glance at Blake as he got inside his mom's car.

"He's soooo dreamy." She sighed in a daze

"I don't care about your crush on a boy who won't even acknowledge your existence." Sekani grumbled

"He knows I exist!" She snapped, angrily pushing the younger boy with all her might

Sekani rolled his eyes, laughing "In your dreams, literally."

-

Blake frowned as he didn't spot the annoyingly happy girl that always seemed to tick his nerves.

Don't be confused, he didn't like her in any form but he had kinda gotten accustomed to having some random, extremely talkative girl run up to him and pester him.

He shook his head, walking to the playground while ruffling his curly, jet black hair.

"Blake!" A voice screamed

He looked towards it expectantly but only deepened his frown once he noticed that it wasn't her, but one of his friends, Robbie, better known as Rob.

"Blake! Come on!" Another voice yelled, Lucas.

Blake ran to the playground, his dark colored backpack scraping the ground behind him as he held it with one hand, basically dragging it.

"Wanna play tag?" Robbie asked, giving Blake a high five

Blake nodded, making the shiny curls on top of his head jump. He glanced around one more time before the three boys began playing the childhood game.

That was until Kenji came.

"Siah!" An extremely happy voice squealed

He looked up, eyes twinkling with an emotion he couldn't quite understand, being just a kid.

Two short little chubby legs charged right at him, her arms flailed as the backpack that was too big for her small frame jumped, along with the bright green bobo's that held her hair into neat twists.

The ten year old boys eyes widened as she attacked him in a tight bear hug, her arms only reaching his waist- he was quite tall for his age. He looked around the playground to find every kid staring at the two.

Blake awkwardly patted her back before softly pushing her away. Kenji's smile didn't seem to falter. She was always a bright child.

"Siah, who are these two?" She smiled brightly at them, showing her white rabbit like teeth