#01 | SEE YA, YOICHI

---

---

"What a bummer." [y/n] mumbled as she sat on the back of Isagi's bike, gazing up at the sky blankly. "You were on fire today yet that flashy dude came in and BAM."

Isagi didn't say anything, his heart heavy from his loss today. The football game had been going good but he passed to a teammate who failed to score with the final kick. It was a frustrating feeling for the male who had a gut feeling that he should've shot it into the goal selfishly. He would've done it if it wasn't for his sportsmanship-like mind, if that's what you could call it.

"You did great today though. You know that, right?" She continued, peering at him over her shoulder. The male nodded stiffly, clenching his jaw to hold in the screams he wanted to let out. With a long sigh, she looked away and gazed at the sky. "Scream if you want. I'll pretend I can't hear."

Coming to a slow yet abrupt stop, he gripped e handles of his bike and hunched over. "FUUUCCCKKK!" The way he drawled out the single curse word showed how affected he was by this loss. Unfortunately, he had scared a few children who were nearby with his shouts.

He sniffled, tears falling from his eyes as he looked down at the group. "Fuck." He muttered much softer, much weaker. No matter how much he fought the tears, they continued to flow.

When he finished his crying and recovered, [y/n] hopped off the back of his bike and slapped his shoulder lightly. "Cheer up, Yoichi. Losing that game sucked but things are definitely gonna get better from now on."

She clenched her fist, gently tapping it on his chest. "Next time, take the shot."

Chuckling nasally, he nodded and wiped his face. "Next time, I won't hesitate."

"Good! Now, let's go home! What is your mom cooking for dinner?" The girl grinned, lacing her fingers together behind her back.

Isagi rolled his eyes. "Probably the same thing as yesterday."

"Great! Tonkatsu! Yes!"

"You're so weird."

[ t i m e   s k i p ]

"Wow. Never thought this day would come." [y/n] said as she wiped her tears, holding out a hand to stop Isagi from coming any closer. "My Isagi Yoichi, my best friend, my only friend is leaving me to pursue his dream as a football player. Wow."

Isagi stood there, wondering if she was genuinely sad or messing around. Either way, her tears looked real. "[f/n]..."

"No, no, it's okay. I'm totally not crying." She retorted quickly, wiping her eyes profusely then smiling. "Congrats, Yoichi! I knew you were a pretty damn good football player! Now you're being scouted by the Japan Football Association! How crazy is that?!"

No matter how happy she may have sounded, he could tell she was forcing a smile. After all, they had been friends for over four years now.

Before he could even point out the fact that she was hurting, she smacked his arm and grinned. "Do your best over there, alright? I'll surely kill you if you get eliminated or somethin'! Don't come back until you're the greatest striker in the world, got it?!"

He hesitated for a moment, surprised by her sudden spurt of positive words. A smile spread across his lips as he put out his fist to her. "Yes, ma'am."

She bumped his fist with her own, beaming up at him. "Keep in contact as best as you can. I'd be happy to hear from you every once in a while."

"Yeah, I will." He nodded, pulling out his phone and flashing her the screen that had her contact on it. "You're the first person I'll text when I get the chance."

For a moment, she almost swooned. A hearty laugh left her lips. "At least think of your parents before me. Pfft!"

The two spent the remainder of the day together, talking and reminiscing as if they were both about to die the next day. After falling asleep at the Isagi household, she woke up the next morning and helped Isagi finish packing for his leave.

Isagi stood by the door, putting on his shoes. [y/n] ran to his room, snatching the scarf off of his bed and running back to him. Throwing it around his neck, she gave him a thumbs up. "Can't forget your best scarf."

"Thanks." He said as he looked down at the scarf that was a gift from her a few months ago. It was a nice scarf that he had treasured ever since.

The atmosphere grew thick when the realization set in. This was the last time they'd see one another for a while. Who knew when they'd see each other again?

"Why are we acting like lovers who are splitting ways? Jeez!" The girl giggled, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "Anyway, you better get goin'. Don't wanna be late."

"Mm...uh, yeah." He nodded, turning away from her to open the front door. "See ya later, [f/n]."

"See ya, Yoichi!" She flashed him a bright smile, waving him off with a positive look on her face. Once the door shut, her smile dissipated and was replaced by a small frown.

"[f/n]-chan, are you headed home now? Or do you want to stick around for a bit and eat dinner with us?" Isagi's mother asked with a soft smile, reaching out to ruffle her hair.

[y/n] smiled once again. "I think I'll stay for dinner tonight! Thank you, Mama Isagi!"

"Anytime, dear!"

Now that Isagi was gone, [y/n] was all on her own at Ichinan High School. Without him, she wasn't very sure what to do.

But if he was doing his best at Blue Lock, she knew she had to give her all and do her best at Ichinan on her own.

Little did she know, things would get much better in due time. She just had to wait patiently for it.

---

[ a/n : uhh, idk, ngl. no one will read this anytime soon so i can fix this later on ]

started : dec 6th, 2020
published : dec 6th, 2020