44 | A Night to Remember

"Let them bang;"
thus said the author.

.·。.·゜·༺♥༻ ·゜·。.

Gigi was wandering around her and Cal's new bedroom in awe. She couldn't believe the wonders they had done with the place. While the architectural style was still mainly Angletonian, they managed to include Prajan influence in smaller details, such as a carving on the wood, or the motifs of the curtain. It was exactly like how she had envisioned.

And if everything goes as planned, they would be able to get it on tonight. Copulate, shag, screw, bonk, and everything in between.

There was only one problem...

"Looking fantastic, darling!" Cal suddenly appeared after finishing his bi-weekly visit to the Doctor.

She rushed over to give him a kiss. "How was it with Jaeyr?"

"Well, she's still not exactly keen on our plan, but she's on board. I told her that when I had another symptom it was because of a recollection of the past and not because of our intimacy and that I've started to tell you the truth about my past."

"Good. Do you wish to see our new bed?"

"I was going to save it for the night, but since we've been having a jumpstart lately," said Cal huskily, suddenly sweeping her off her feet and carrying her bridal style to the bedroom.

Emerging through the newly furnished mahogany doors, he was stunned as he saw the canopy bed in their soon-to-be-shared bedroom.

"There's a canopy. I didn't know it would have a canopy."

"Prajan beds have canopies, Sire, at least the luxury ones," explained Gigi as she slowly got down from his arms.

Walking over to the bed, she ran her fingers along the sheer pearl white curtains that were draped around the frames. She'd always liked the idea of having a canopy over their bed. It would add a layer to the romantic, fairy-tale-like atmosphere that she had been dreaming of.

"Don't you think it's beautiful, Sire? This is a basic white curtain, of course. But can you imagine, if we change it with a dark fabric with a bit of shimmer? It'd be like sleeping under a starry sky!"

"It's amazing. You came up with these ideas?" he asked. She just replied with a proud smile. "Did your bed also have a canopy at home?"

"It did, but it didn't feel as nice as I didn't have anyone to share it with."

"Clearly, you needn't worry about that anymore," he grinned as he scooped her back into his arms, earning a delightful squeal as he laid her down in bed. "My darling."

Gigi draped her both arms behind his neck, heartily accepting a kiss from him.

"So, they've finished furnishing the whole place?"

"Mostly, yes. It's ready enough to sleep in, they just have to finish moving our belongings from the old rooms. And tomorrow, we can finally have the night that we desire."

A shred of confusion clouded his warm brown eyes. "Tomorrow? I thought that night was tonight." He paused and sighed, realizing his mistake. "...Damn, I must have mixed the dates! I've already set up a meeting with some Seol-il nobles so early in the morning the day after tomorrow!"

"You didn't mix anything. The problem is... the rest of our belongings haven't been moved here yet. There are still a few sets of furniture for the sitting room that are due to arrive tomorrow," replied Gigi as she nervously fiddled with his necktie.