Time to Work

Y/N - your name
E/C - eye color
H/C - hair color
H/L - hair length
S/C - skin color
F/C - favorite color

(Y/n's POV)

I looked at the friendship bracelet I had made for myself and thought about the others, wondering how they're holding up. Just then I hear a knock coming from my door and I got up to open it, only to find Gerard in front of me. "His Royalness would like to see you in the main court." I nodded my head as he left. I still couldn't get over what Scarlemagne did to Ratland, but I couldn't let that stop me from wanting to face him.

(***Cue Music***)

Taking a deep inhale and exhale I straightened out my dress and began walking out and closing my door. I held onto my bracelet tightly.

Lord...give me strength

I walk down the stairs to see Lemieux watching Scarlemagne...paint? Yes, paint himself. I wondered what he wanted to see me for. Once I made it at the bottom he quickly turned his head to me and greeted. "Ah! My dear, (Y/n). I'm glad you're here!" He handed his paintbrush and pallet for Lemieux to hold as he came up to me with a hug. He then whispered,

"I heard from Lemieux how melancholy you were when I left. That place must've meant a lot to you. And I'm sure the mutes who worked there, too?" I gave him a quiet yes. He unwrapped himself from me as he placed his hands on my shoulders. "Well, I just wanted say that no harm was done to them. They're very much alive and well. And....another thing I wanted to say.."

I stared at his eyes who looked back in mine and I could see he looked truly sad. "I really am sorry for yelling at you, and for making you cry like that." My mouth was partially open, eyes widened at my shock.

He's...actually apologizing??

He let go of me and clasped his hands together. "My temper can get out of hand sometimes...it's been like this for a long while, (Y/n)." He took something from behind him and held it out to me. It was a beautiful flower that was (f/c), my favorite color. He gently placed the flower in my hair. Cupping my cheek while he softly rubbed it with his thumb. "Forgive me, (Y/n). I can't do this without you."

Man...

He's really making it hard for me to be mad him

"I do.." I said to him with a faint smile. And I truly meant it. Scarlemagne is many things but to me he's no liar. Not once has he ever lied to me and I've never lied to him. We were always so truthful with each other it's almost bittersweet.

"Thank you."

He soon let go of me and turned back walking to Lemieux and grabbed his art pallet and paintbrush. "Do you consider yourself a painter, (Y/n)?" I walked up to Lemieux as we both stood next to him and his portrait. "I've never painted anything before. Is that what you're doing?" He nodded his head eagerly.

He then began finishing up his painting with a few strokes of red paint for his torso and it's no surprise it's a painting of himself with a big furry robe covering him. "Yes! I'm visualizing what I'll become in the future. Just look at this masterpiece!" I began clapping, got to hand it to him, he did have talent.

"Tell me, (Y/n). Which one of us is more handsome?" I gave it some thought as I examined both him and his portrait self and said "The answer is simple. Your both are because you are one and the same. Your painting resembles that what you long to be, how you vision yourself. While you resemble all you have worked up to become. The painting is because of you as you are because of the painting."