The News

Draco

Almost two months had passed since I saw her. I needed to see her again, so I decided to go see her today because my mom and Ricky were going to be out today.

I packed up a small bag with some books and other things just in case I needed it. I appartated to the entrance of the town and began to walk down the street towards the main portion of the town.

I sat down at a table in the corner of the restaurant and pulled out a new muggle book, Romeo and Juliet. L always loved reading poetry and that was one of her favorites.

"Hi, what can I get started for you?" L walked up to the table, her brown hair was pulling into a half up half down. She had a little bit of makeup on her face, she had eyeliner on and a dark red lipstick on. She walked heavy on her feet and dragged them as she walked, I could tell that she wasn't doing well right now.

But when her eyes met mine she lit up and smiled.

"I'll just have a coffee with cream."

"Okay, I'll put that order in. If you would like anything else just ask."

She walked away with a little bit more pep in her step. It gave me butterflies knowing that when she was happier once she saw me.

——-

Ellie

He was there, his gray eyes and blonde hair immediately gave me a sense of familiarity. He made me feel at home.

But stop thinking like that, you are dating Hudson.

But there was just something about him that I couldn't get out of my head.

"I need a coffee with cream for table 4." I yelled to the kitchen.

I waited for the coffee to be ready, I just watched him read.

He was reading one of my favorite books, Romeo and Juliet. I tried to tell myself it was just a coincidence but it felt like a sign or something.

I had gotten so distracted I didn't even notice Hudson walk up behind me.

"Why are you looking at him?"

"Oh hey Hudson, I didn't see you. I'm not looking at him, I'm looking at his book." He and I both knew that was a lie, "It's my favorite book."

"Stop lying." He stormed off to take another table's order.

I saw that the coffee was ready, so I delivered it to his table.

"Here you go, is there anything else I can get you?"

"No thank you."

"Okay, I saw your book. It is one of my favorite books."

"Me too, I also really love To Kill a Mockingbird. A friend of mine introduced it to me a while ago and ever since I constantly read it."

"Ha, seems we have quite a bit in common."

"It does seem that way."