Welcome Back

Hermione

I walked into her hospital room, there she was, sitting with her knees to her chest staring straight ahead.

"Hi Hermione, Potter, Weasley, how are you guys?"

"We're okay. I know I'd be better if she was. How long has she been like that?"

"Only one day, the healers think it might just be her coming to terms with everything that happened, especially the darkness she endured while she had the curse in her."

I pulled up a chair next to her bed, "Hey Ellie, I've missed you a lot."

I reached out my arm offering to take her hand. She looked down at it and quickly placed her hand in mine.

I felt a weird feeling in my stomach, it felt like I was falling asleep.

I woke up and we were at Hogwarts in the common room. Both of us were on the couch.

"Hi Mione, I've missed you."

"Ellie! Are you okay?"

"Not really, everyday that I was unconscious after being hit with the killing curse felt like someone was dragging knives over by body. It felt similar to the pain of the Cruciatus Curse, but multiplied by one hundred. I had to deal with it all day everyday, I just couldn't do it anymore. When I finally fought the curse off and I woke up, it was so scary. I was afraid I was going to snap and hurt anyone at any moment. When they took my memory away, I felt a relief from the pain I endured from the curse and the pain I endured from the fear."

"Ellie, you don't have to worry about that. We are all here for you and only want to help you."

"I know I am just so afraid."

"You have someone who loves you so much that he hasn't slept for over 24 hours and has stayed by your side the entire time. He needs you, and honestly you need him."

"I know."

"Okay, now that I've said that, I have to ask this, why did you take us to the Gryffindor Common Room?"

"Well technically we are still in the hospital, I just used the same spell that I used when I was hit by the killing curse last time. All I have to do is think of a place I've been and use a spell to create that place in my head and it takes my soul there. When you grabbed my hand I took both of us there to talk in private, and this place was one of my favorite places in the whole world. It has so many good memories tied to it."

"So you remember everything?"

"Yes, everything." She signed as she said that. "I just don't know how I am going to tell Nimah about this."

"Who's Nimah?"

"She is my best friend, well... Rose's best friend. You are my best friend, she is Rose's."

"I don't even know, sorry I can't give better advice."

"It's okay."

"But one piece of advice I think we both should follow, we need to go back to the real world where all of the people you love are. They are all just waiting to help you and make this as easy as possible."

"Fine."

I blinked and I woke up on the floor with Ron kneeling beside me.

"Hermione, what happened?"

"Ellie." That was all I said.

Everyone moved their eyes off of me and onto Ellie as Ron helped me up.

She had moved herself on the bed, she moved from the sitting position she was in, to laying down under the sheets and blankets of the hospital bed. Not only had she physically moved, but she had also shifted her eyesight onto Draco.

She held out her hand for him and he took it and kissed the top of it.

"Hi L, I've missed you so much!" The smile on his face couldn't get much wider than it was at that moment.

"Hi Draco." Those were the first words she had spoken since she got her memories back.

——-

Ellie

I hadn't had my memories for about a year and a half, I saw glad to have them back, but there was also a part of me that was worried about what would happen with her house in the town outside of London, what would happen with her friendship with Nimah and Hudson and all her neighbors and people she worked with. They had become her family when she had none.

I decided to tell them that I was moving away because a job opportunity had opened up for her. Which technically wasn't a lie, I was still planning on going to school to become a healer. But obviously, I couldn't tell her that. I just wasn't sure when I would get the chance.

Before getting released from the hospital, I knew I needed to talk to Draco.

"Hey guys, can you give us some privacy?"

"Yeah, but don't think you are completely getting rid of us." George joked with me.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

"Well first is this," I leaned over and kissed him. "Secondly, I was wondering if you wanted to stay with me while I figure out what to say to my friends and work. They are probably worried about me, especially Nimah."

"Wherever you are, is where I will be." He kissed me again once he finished talking, but this time it was deeper and it gave me butterflies.

"Well I would be happy to introduce you to them."

After we had our talk, I had Draco bring everyone back in and I told them about my plan.

"Okay, so Draco and I are going to go back to my house once I get released. Then we are going to figure out what I am going to say to my friends back home. I was thinking of quitting my job and then going back to school and becoming a healer like I've always wanted. And I'm not sure what's after that, but I'm honestly taking it one at a time, and if something happens we'll figure it out."

"It sounds like a great plan sweetheart." Mrs. Weasley came over to me and gave me a big hug.

"Mrs. Weasley, I know I'll want to go home home eventually."

"Ellie, first, call me Molly, second, it is your home and you are welcome anytime. I know Ginny is dying to see you."

All of us continued to talk until someone came in.

"Elizabeth Hoss?"

"That's me."

"Well since you are stable and obviously doing great with your memories back, here are your release papers. When you are ready, you are allowed to leave."

The man walks out of the room and everyone starts to talk at once out of the excitement in us. I was finally getting released.

——-

Guys, your comments are literally my favorite thing to read! Thank you everyone for pointing out if there is a mistake in the writing, I swear everything autocorrects. And honestly some of the things that are autocorrected are pretty funny, so I kept them. Love you guys so much!
-E.B.

Questions:
1. What is your favorite emoji combination?  🚊🤸‍♀️
2. How is your day going? Well it's 3:00 a.m. while I am writing this.
3. Favorite spell? I like Accio.