Chapter 2: Mali Ayutthaya

•••

•••

"I saw what you did," the little girl said with glee. "It was impressive!"

Irene answered nothing. She kept observing the little girl. She seemed absolutely normal, not out of the usual at all. But there was something strange. Suddenly, as a soft moonlight shined on the little girl, Irene swore to have seen a glint of yellow and green in her eyes. But the second after. It was all gone.

"But don't worry, I won't say anything to anyone," the child quickly added. "I know what could happen to you otherwise,"

"Who are you?" Irene asked, ignoring her previous words. "If you had seen what I've done, why aren't you scared?"

"Why should I? They were trackers. They were bad,"

"How could you possibly know what's good and what's not?"

"Hey! I may be a child but I'm not dumb!" She exclaimed.

"I'm wasting my time," Irene rolled her eyes.

She turned around and walked back to Bangkok.

"Wait! Where are you going?" The girl asked, running after Irene.

"I'm leaving," the vampire just said.

Since trackers had found Irene, she couldn't stay any more in Thailand. She had to leave. So after gathering ber belonging in her hotel room, she would take the first flight out of the country. She didn't know yet where she would go but she would figure it out on the way.

"I'm coming with you!" The little girl said. Irene frowned.

"Absolutely not. Go back to your parents," she shortly said.

"I don't have parents," the little said. Irene couldn't help but look at her. She didn't seem fazed at all. But she didn't seem indifferent either.

"Then your guardians,"

"They don't care," the young girl said. "So I can come with you,"

"No," Irene said.

"But I can be useful, I promise!" The child exclaimed.

"I said no," Irene repeated.

She used her full vampire speed and dashed off to Bangkok. She was so fast that people next to her seemed to not be moving. It was like they were stuck in time but Irene was the only one able to move. After some minutes, she finally arrived at her hotel. It was a simple one, not too expensive. She entered the building and made her way toward her room. She opened the door with her card and sped up to gather her things. She took out a sports bag that was lying near the bed and stuffed it with her clothes and bathroom products.

Once done, Irene left her room and gave the card to the receptionist. She paid and left.

This time, she decided to take a walk to leave the city. She had particularly enjoyed her short time in Bangkok. The city was full of life, the culture beautiful and the food seemed to be delightful. Not being able to eat, it what one of the worse things that came with being a vampire. Irene missed eating human food. Thaï food seemed to be delicious. She was hungry just having a look of it. But eating it would be awful for a vampire. Her body only accepts blood.