Chapter 17: After the battle

•••

•••

"I wish I would have know you under different circumstances." Irene told Zafrina.

They were all back to the Cullens. Well, almost. Disappointing to not have fight the Volturi, Vladimir and Stefan quickly left after the end of the confrontation. The nomads left too, Peter and Charlotte after having a brief talk with Jasper. Benjamin and Tia were off to Egypt too after a short discussion with Irene. They promised to come back and visit. The Denali left too. Even though they were pleased the confrontation ended goodly, it was still hard for them to bear the cheers. Tanya and Kate still had to mourn their lost sister. Garrett had decided to stay with them and join their coven. He wanted to stay with his mate, Kate. Only the Irish were still there, talking to Carlisle.

"I heard you could create pretty pictures." Irene joked as Zafrina smiled, amused. Renesmee loved Zafrina's vison. Pretty pictures was what she called them.

"I do too. You should visit us someday. The child too." Zafrina said. Renesmee widely smiled and vigorously nodded.

Even though Irene didn't talked that much with the Amazons, she appreciated them. Even though they didn't know much about the situation, they still listen to Alice and came to Forks to help the Cullen. Irene was grateful to them. She was grateful to every witness.

They talked a moment before it was time for the Amazones to leave. As Renesmee and Irene turned to go back inside, the Irish coven was going out, ready to leave. They nodded farewell to the blonde vampire and the hybrid before dashing off.

Irene and Renesmee joined the rest of the family who stood by the front door. Renesmee ran to her parents as Irene came to her mate.

"I'm so relieved it's over now." Rosalie smiled.

"And I'm so relieved the three of you are back." Esmee tenderly said looking at Jasper, Alice and Irene. Irene looked at Alice, side hugging her. She was happy to be reunited with them all. With her family.

"I hope you don't plan to leave again without saying anything. The three of you are good at this." Emmett joked. Irene playfully rolled her eyes as Alice and Jasper laughed.

"And what about Aileen?" Tony asked. "Will you stay?"

Aileen didn't answer immediately. She looked at Jacob who was standing next to her, one arm around her shoulders. She smiled.

"I don't know." She smirked. Jacob frowned, seeming confused. It made everyone laughed.

"We're happy to welcome another member." Carlisle said.

"Another sister to annoy. Cool!" Emmett goofyly said. Aileen giggled and rest her head on Jacob's shoulder.

Peace. They were in peace now. It had been such a long time since both Irene and Tony never were in peace. But now they truly were. And alongside with it, they found love and a family.