Thirty Eight: Jin

February 25, 2020
Seoul, South Korea

4 hours until contact.

"Hyung, you look terrible."

Jungkook practically inhales a bowl of ramen noodles into his mouth at incredible speed. There are so many noodles, I can only assume he made two packages for himself only. 

I only just arrived to the sign venue. Taehyung and Namjoon turn to look at me upon Jungkook's announcement of my arrival. They're sitting in style chairs getting their hair and makeup done at the same time. 

"Man, hyung, did you get hit by a car?" Namjoon asks. Taehyung laughs at that. I don't. 

"I kept having all these nightmares last night," I mumble. I grab and iced Americano from the table that's full of them and instantly my lips are on the straw. I can feel my muscles loosening at simply the taste of the coffee on my tongue. "I woke up about every two hours." 

"I can see that," Jimin says, staring at my through his mirror. His hair stylist blow dries and brushes through his fluffy dark hair. "Man, I haven't seen eye bags like that since Jungkook had his final English exam after our concert." 

"Thanks, Jimin," Jungkook mumbles. 

"Seokjin ah, finish your coffee and please come sit with me," one of the stylists calls out to me. "We're on a time crunch today since most of you arrived later than your time slots." 

"That would be Jungkook's fault," Hoseok says without looking up from his phone. "He and Hope slept way late today." 

Jungkook shrugs. "She kept me up," he says with a smirk. I can hear Jimin gagging at his words and everyone else groans in disgust. 

I slap the back of his neck. "Be a gentleman." 

"Yes, Jin hyung." 

"Anyway, please get some caffeine in your system Seokjin," the head stylist continues. "We still have to finish Hobi, Jungkook, Yoongi, and you so please hurry." 

"What time does the sign start?" Hoseok pipes, nearly getting himself poked in the eye by an eyeliner pencil with every movement. 

"Stay still, please," his stylist says quietly, placing her hand hesitantly on his shoulder. She's new. She seems a little intimidated by us. I feel bad for her. 

"We need to be completely ready by noon so we have a full hour for soundcheck and a quick music rehearsal," Namjoon says. "Jungkook was supposed to be ready first, but he didn't get up in time for his car. We should've had two hours, but now we only have one." 

"I'm sorry!" Jungkook exclaims. "It doesn't help that I still get lost in the new apartment building." 

"When you're supposed to be up first, you have to make sure you get up on time no matter what," I scold him, flicking his ear lightly. "You've only been doing this for seven years." 

"You're always so cranky when you're tired," Jungkook whines. I let his whining slide because I know he's right. 

"Let's get a move on, guys! Jimin's chair is almost empty and I want Jungkook in it next." The head stylist point at our youngest member. "Brush your teeth before makeup this time, please. And no kissing  when the girls get here, got it?" 

"Yes, noona," Jungkook mutters, drinking the last of his soup. 

"I'm almost done," I tell her. "I'll be ready for when Namjoon's done." 

"Perfect, thank you Seokjin. Let's go as fast as we can, people! Doors open at one! As soon as your makeup's done, I need you in clothes immediately getting hair touched up!" 

"Yes ma'am," we echo back. I can't believe Jungkook was an hour late today...he hasn't done that in years. Of all days for everyone to be caught off-guard, fan sign day is one of the worst alongside concerts. 

I sigh and plop tiredly into Namjoon's styling chair, waiting for the caffeine to kick in. I'll need energy to meet 150 ARMYs today. 

lol so i realized that i didn't communicate well at all at the end of our chapter yesterday. 

NOT SEVEN CHAPTERS UNTIL THE END. they meet in seven chapters 😅 i didn't mean to stress you babies out 💕 

cay 

688 words