Part 43:Ellios' father

They say that the way children grow up depends on how their environment. 

Ellios was a logical example. 

Having been raised in the Magic Tower as the highest ranking magician's son from birth and with no mother, you would have expected him to have a free spirit of some sort. 

Perhaps, spoiled even at that. 

But the only factor that turned Ellios to a shy and quiet guy was his father.

 In the otome game, that man might have been mentioned only in the Ellios route and in 10 sentences at most. 

But from those small hints of him, you could tell that he wasn't the best influence for Ellios. 

It was crystal clear that his father had high expectations for Ellios, and was strict with his upcoming even though he wasn't even the one who taught Ellios. 

You see, when you are the head of the Magic Tower, not only do you posses power but a heavy amount wealth as well. 

Magic is such an important thing in this world, and only the handpicked cream of the crop were chosen to work here.

The Magic Tower was so spread out that everybody worked on various and different projects with their skill. 

This place could almost be its own town, and actually average sized at that. 

I felt a shadow loom over me. 

A sweat bead rolled down my cheek as I almost caught myself shivering in fear. 

'No! I was Roselyn Villinie, the villainess of this story! If I can't even face Ellios's father, then how was I supposed to face my destiny?' 

I gathered all my courage as with my curiosity and held my head towards his face. 

"I hope this isn't rude in any way to you, but I would like to know the reason I was summoned here. As you can see, I was quite busy. But since my dear parents' signatures were on it, I couldn't refuse it. Your invitation didn't state the purpose clearly. So I thought you would be excel at interpreting it better." 

The whole translation of it was: 

'Why don't you tell my why I was dragged from the academy to this damn tower?! And I am also interested in what dirty tricks you pulled out of your bag to make my parents sign it.
I just hope the lies you fed them weren't too embarrassing.
And will you finally tell me whats going on with the liquid? Ha, was it poison? I would believe that.
Maybe torture me to get the information out, then brainwash me later so I wouldn't remember it? I would also believe that.
You and your magic have your ways.
It might even serve as an stepping stone to get me rid of Ivy, so go ahead. 
Anyways, you just had to bring me to the head of this whole tower, so why not explain the reason while your at it?'

His eyes became narrower as if he read my mind, but that was impossible.......I think? 

If he was the head of this Magic Tower filled with monsters at magic then he have to be the most powerful. 

Was there a record of a mind-reading person in history? If there was, I certainly didn't know. 

Magic wasn't something I studied to a great extent. 

Rather than studying magic history, I practised more of doing magic itself just in case I needed it.

After all, Ellios and Ivy were close to gods at magic and I had to something about it. They would crush me to pulp as soon as I lost my status. 

But that thinking was before I even started in the Academy, in which I was unsure on how far Ellios would go for Ivy even with knowledge of his rather shy personality. 

Ellios couldn't even harm a fly, so I acknowledged him as one of the safest capture targets there was. 

However, I wonder what he would be like after being changed by Ivy's personality. 

Another thing that attracted them together in his route was that they were both being bullied but the way they handled it were different. 

Ivy never let Roselyn's bullying get through her, and she was always a cheerful girl no matter what.
She was confident in herself and that Roselyn's words were nothing. 

However, Ellios took their every taunting seriously. With every word they thought was funny, the more confidence Ellios lost in himself. 

So much that he would skip classes sometimes and stay at the library just to avoid them. 

Even if Ellios was a capture target that was destined to be part of my ruin, I felt sympathy for him nevertheless. 

"Well, we would not like to cause panic to the public. Which means we have to get our hands on whoever will swear to not tell it, but in the end, they always do." 

I was confused by this for a moment. What did he mean by that?

"....Ah! So you mean that since I already know the existence of the liquid, you recruited me because you wanted help but couldn't afford the news to leak. But I already knew it and had digested it myself, so I would be the perfect person to go to for help." 

However, this led me to other questions. 

"But I had the substance in myself, so did you also invite me here to test on me? So that you wouldn't go extra lengths to get a test subject when I could be one?"

I could feel a crack in his booming appearance. 

A slight twitch in his mouth, and I could feel his aura turning different.

Was he surprised that I had figured it out? He had severely underestimated me. 

"I.................." 

He started rather slowly, but that fit his demeanor. 

"Didn't know you drank it, Lady Villinie." 

I flinched back. 

Of course they didn't know that I consumed it! 

They had the knowledge that I had some in my possession (thanks to Ellios, I assume), but not that I myself had it in my system.  

"Thats—!" not true.

But even if I did say that, they would all know how much of a lie it is.

 I may have made my speech too convincing (it was all true though; my statements were the reflection of what I had thought.)

"I see. Anyways, you'll be guided to your room for the stay." 

As I was about to leave, he said, "And I thank you for your cooperation."

'Thank you for your cooperation.' 

This statement made a stream of chills go down my spine. 

What sort of cooperation was yet to come?

The villainess will survive!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें