Part 17: The sleepover

The sleepover would start tomorrow, at noon. 

"M'lady, their's a flower stuck on your dress. Would you like to keep it?" My maid grinned mischievously. 

After the lunch in the Royal Palace, everybody treated me like a Crown Princess. She probably thought it was one of the flowers Albert gave me. 

"No. Throw it away. It must've gotten stuck in my dress when I walked in the garden."

I spent the whole day packing for the sleepover. Since Seria invited others, I needed to show them my family's power. 

"Not too fancy, but not too plain, please." I asked my maids as they shuffled clothes suited for the sleepover out my closet. 

"Also, pick the comfortable ones. I especially like my pink silk pyjamas. " 

The silk one was indeed comfortable. However, most of the people coming to the sleepover would have a hard time accepting the price, but my parents could buy it with ease.

It was rude to pack jewelry to a sleepover. It was a blatant sign of showing off. Nobody needed jewelry to a sleepover. So instead, I brought a few ribbons to tie my hair. I had always practiced doing things for myself just in case. 

When it came to these events far from home, Roselyn would always complain about how there were no maids. She couldn't even brush her own hair without help. A lot of girls around her, including Ivy, tried to help her, but Roselyn complained anyways. 

I was trying to avoid that. 

"Done! Miss Roselyn, we made sure it all fit and was light as possible." A maid wiped her forehead. 

"No need to do that." I flicked my fingers, and the suitcase disappeared. 

-'Elijah, you're the god of space, aren't you?'

-'Y-yeah.....Why am I getting goosebumps..........'

-'Also, did you know you're the perfect travel companion?'

-'That's a refreshing compliment........'

-'Put all my luggage into an unused space so that I don't have to carry it.'

-'W-wait! Are you telling me to just create a random space to carry your luggage?! Do you even know how much effort it takes to— '

-'Elijah? I think I heard quite a ugly complaining sound from a slacking god. Perhaps..............?'

-'No no, M'lady. Must've been your imagination.'

I didn't need to carry it after all. What a handy god.

"Wow! How did you do that??? The academy must've gone well for you!!!" A maid praised. 

"Now, put those that you couldn't fit inside. No need to worry about me carrying them." I pointed to the skin oils on the ground. I still needed to keep my skin hydrated.

"And also the extra clothes. I might need them." Just in case of a jealous-driven noble girl who decided to spill juice on my dress. 

After sending them all to the space that Elijah created, I hopped on a carriage. My morning and noon passed by pretty fast.

My father was proud to the brink of tears that I was going to a sleepover. 

My mother was telling me how to insult people back, in case that they thought they were in a higher position than me. 

My brother cheered me on and was the only one who gave me a decent farewell. 

"Welcome to our estate. I am so glad that our Seria has made a friend so dignified as you. Thank you so much for befriending our daughter." Seria's parents greeted me at the door.