XII.

╔═══════꧁꧂═══════╗

"I'm going too," Tewksbury declared, wide-eyed. 

All three of us stood up frantically.

"No, you can't." I shook my head. I wasn't about to get him in any trouble by sneaking off with me.

"I want to though, I want to help," he begged.

Of course you do Tewksbury.

I couldn't help but give into him. Plus maybe a group of three would be more efficient than a group of two. Tewksbury could definitely be useful.

"Fine," I sighed "but you'll need a good cover while you're gone."

I didn't plan on telling the Brookings of my adventure at all, I'd be quite shocked if they even noticed my missing. I'm sure Caterina would be willing to help distract them as well.

I had to admit that I was excited about this adventure, the spontaneous decision of running away had always floated upon my thoughts. I wanted to learn more about my mother, and in turn, myself. There's nothing that shows ones true personality more then being left without any stability in a unknown habitat.

Tewksbury went inside to tell his mother of his whereabouts these next few days, all lies of course but that was kind of the thrill of it.

Enola and I waited next to a bush, hidden from anyone's view. We didn't make eye contact with one another, rather both of our focuses were on waiting for the boy to return.

If we were going to leave together for who knows how long I didn't want our relationship to continue like this.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked quietly, making sure that no one else could listen in.

She looked like she was about to say something but she stopped herself. Her eyes fell to the ground for a second, then returning to mine once again.

"I know what it's like to want answers." She nodded her head and quickly looked away.

Before I could respond Tewksbury came before us, with a large grin on his face like he was proud of what he just did.

"We will take the carriage to Ophelia's, grab whatever we need and be on our way."
Tewksbury explained as we walked towards the carriage.

"But they'll know that I am there if we go directly to my place, they aren't one for heavy sleeping. We will have to find a close place to stop and we'll walk the rest of the way. I'll have to make my way towards their bedroom if I'm going to get a hold of any money-"

"You're going to steal?" Tewksbury faltered.

"Well, I mean yes. But in my opinion I deserve a small sum of their money." I shrugged.

I should've felt more guilt about my plan, yet I showed none whatsoever. Perhaps I was being sinful, but I relished in the idea of taking something from them.

"If I'm going to help you, I'm going to need know more." Enola stated, her face calm.

I wrestled about what to tell her about my parents, Tewksbury barely knew much himself. He knew that they were dead, and that there was a fire, but he didn't know about anything before or after.