12 ¬ do what we like ¬

hey guys how r we all!
...... im currently slacking off online school to write, but i rlly wanna do more chapters......... this book is.......so fun to write......

i hope ur enjoying it as much as i am writing it >u<    ..and thanks for 1.9k reads!!

heres some art i did based off this story...

(to show their outfit designs properly, ill probably do more art in the future_

(to show their outfit designs properly, ill probably do more art in the future_..i want to do shun's prince outfit in more detail)

anyways..enjoy the chapter!<<3

-------------

Shun had only drunk one glass of cider, but was already tipsy, just as Aren had predicted. He wondered if he really had drank before at all, as he watched Shun become even more giggly and excited than usual. It was quite a funny sight, but it made Aren grow wary, and he subtly pried the bottle away from Shun's reach so he couldn't pour out anymore.

"You drunk already?" He teased him, casually sipping on his own glass like it was water. Shun snorted and raised his eyebrows at him, pretending to be offended.

"No!...But I haven't.." He stopped for a minute, thinking very coherently about how to finish his sentence. He didn't want to admit that this was his first time actually drinking real alcohol, despite what he had said before. "..um, had anything in a while.." He laughed again, and tried drinking from his glass again before realizing it was empty.

 "Yeah. I can tell. " Shun bent over Aren and reached for the bottle anyway, despite Aren's attempts to keep it from him. He swatted his hand playfully.
"No. No more, at least for now. If one glass has you acting like that, then I hate to think what you'd be like after two."

"Huh?! I was the one who brought it, let me have more.. Arennn..." He wailed his name dramatically, tugging at his sleeve.

"No-! You know that would be a bad idea. God,  I don't know how many times i've said this, but it really is like babysitting sometimes with you."

"Rude." Shun whispered and started nibbling on a candy defeatedly. 

"You're .. literally proving my point." 

But it was nice.
It was so, so nice.
Time seemed to pass so quickly, and they sat there by the riverbank laughing and joking for what was probably hours, like how they would during the night, but even more so. They didn't have to try to be quiet or secretive out here, and there were no suspecting eyes and ears around to be alert of.  Neither even seemed to notice the blue sky fading to yellow, or the warm air dropping slightly, until Aren suddenly sat up straight.

"Damn! What time is it?" 

"Hmm..? Oh! Uh- I don't know, I didn't even notice, but I guess it's gotten pretty late. Why, when do you have to be back?"

"I need to be back by 5 at the latest. The servants dinner is served at 6pm, and then I need to start getting ready for your shift at 8."

"Oh, I doubt it's 5 yet." Shun said nonchalantly, but then noticed Aren's worried expression. "But..we could start heading back soon if you want-"