𝓓𝓲𝓯𝓯𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓦𝓪𝔂𝓼❦7

It was dark and chilled while they drove. Angie liked it though, it was the perfect night time drive.

When they pulled up, the teen froze. Seeing her boyfriend and his mother standing outside the house was very unsettling. Just knowing that she knew what her husband did.

"I...I can't." Angie started hyperventilating again. She locked eyes with Tyler's mom, who wore a sickening grin.

"I know it's hard, but it's just in and out. Pack a bag and we're gone. I'll come with you all the way upstairs." Emily tried to soothe. It didn't work as well as it did before, but before Angie passed out, she was calmed down.

"Why does this happen to me?" She whined while getting out. Masking through her fear, she smiled at her boyfriend. "Ty? What are you doing here it's past 12?"

"We heard on the news, and I recognized your house. I wanted to come check to see if you were ok," he rushed over, engulfing her in a hug. He held pretty tight, which started to worry Angie.

She glanced over at Em, who was mouthing 'breathe' to her. Shutting her eyes, she inhaled deeply. Pulling away from the boy shortly after.

"I mean, I'm fine. I think? My family did just get murdered. Unlocking the other terrible, terrible memories. I'm leaving though. The closest people I have now are my grandparents." She faked a frown.

"But they live in Alaska?" He mentioned, sadness filling his tone. Angie gave a small nod. "What about our future together? If you're in a different state, and I'm here, how are we going to move in together? Start a family?"

"I don't know, there's always long distance?" She compromised, holding on his large hands with hers. "Or, I hate to even think it, we split now and stay friends. I don't want to hold you up in your life."

"But, I don't want to loose you." He whispered, leaning his forehead on her head.

"And you won't, but I'm still a minor. You turn 18 in two weeks, we would have to stop anyways. I wouldn't want you catching a case or anything." Angie lightened the mood.

"When you're 18, you'll come find me right?" He pleaded. Angie didn't know what to say. Between the feeling of heartache and the being scared, tears just flowed. She stood on her toes, placing one last longing kiss on his cheek.

"I'll be just a phone call away," she stepped back. She left him standing on the driveway. Passing his mom, "take care of him while I'm gone." The mom nodded, hugging the girl before letting her go in.

Em was right behind her. Waiting for the moment she collapsed. And she was ready and there, catching Angie  before she hit the floor. Holding on to her tight. Angie cried onto Emily's sleeve.

They stayed on the floor for a good half hour. Not exchanging a single word, up till Angie couldn't produce anymore tears. She rested against the new mother figure. "I should never had fallen in love in the first place. It was a trap. Relationships have two ways, and I got the shitty one."

"I know, it'll hurt, but you'll get through it. Everyone does." Emily comforted, playing with the soft waves. "Let's get you some clothes."

Angie nodded, and slowly got up. Helping the friend up. She leads the way upstairs, opening the door to her room. "Do I make a bag or pack a suitcase?"

"Both, I'll wait downstairs." The raven haired lady sympathetically smiled. Letting Angie be alone to pack.

Emily left, and the teen just looked at the room. Scanning over the collection of bags in the corner.

She would admit, if Tyler's dad was really her serial killer, she wouldn't be with him. Except there was a tiny sparkle of hope that he wasn't really his dad. She knew she would love him, it's that first love type of feeling. No matter how hard she would try and forget him, it was impossible.

She dragged the black suitcase out of her closet, throwing it up on the bed. Brining the bags with new clothes as well. Folding them into the suitcase neatly. Grabbing some sleep clothes and other outfits to pack.

Trudging across the hall, the same one she was sliding across not to long ago. Picking up her face washes and other cleansers. Taking the plain white toothbrush with her. She was torn at the thought of never seeing this mirror again.

Letting all the washes fall into the bag. She had a extra pink checkered backpack. Making that the last item she packed. Zipping the suitcase shut, she looked at her room once more. The closet being half full, the dressers being almost emptied, and most of her shoes remained.

A shaky sigh left her lips as she turned off the lights and closed the door. Pulling the suitcase behind her, the wheels hitting against every step.

Emily stood in the kitchen, typing aggressively away at her screen. "Type any harder and you'll break it. Trust me, I know."

"You're done? That was really fast." Emily, put her phone down.

"There's only so much I can fit in here. Can we go though? I'm very uncomfortable here." Angie shuddered.

"Yeah! Tomorrow is a much more calming day, you should be able to just relax and get to know the team." She informed the young woman.

"Neat, where were you guys just before my...incident?" Angie quizzed, wanting to take her mind off of the house.

"We had a guy who took junkies, prostitutes, and the homeless across the border into Canada. We were going to head home, until the call for you came through. So we pushed through just a tad bit longer. Now we go home and get hopefully a decent sleep," Em summarized. Angie just slightly agreed.

"Fun, fun." Angie said. Disappointed that it really didn't distract her.

They got into the car and headed to the apartment. Having a light conversation on the way. Talking about their favorite things. It was an interesting talk.

Within a few short moments, the car stopped outside of a complex building. Angie hopped out, excited to see the apartment. Taking her bag out of Emily's hands, they walked in without making too much noise.

Angie was surprised at how clean it was. The beige color couch with the red and orange decorative pillows. The glass coffee table with white flowers that sat neatly in a vase. "It's so clean and nicely decorated!"

"I'm never really here," Emily confided. Which made the teen spin on her heel to face her.

"Never here? That's a shame, you have a nice view." Angie mumbled. Focusing more on her reflection now. Her eyes were pink and puffy, cheeks had tear stains. She had a sudden flash on why she had cried.

"You ok?" Whispered Emily, placing a delicate hand on Angie's shoulder.

The petite girl turned and looked at her. Breaking into another round of tears. She clung onto Emily as if she would disappear. Sobbing into the other arm this time. Just letting it all out. Em hushed and held back.

She picked up the small, broken, shaking brunette. Holding her bridal style all the way up to her room. Sitting down on the bed with her. Laying them both down, but never once separating.

"I really liked him," she hiccupped. Only allowing more tears to fall.

"I know, it's ok. Just let it all out." Emily cooed.

And the two fell asleep like that. Looking like a mother comforting her child. It would be the sight that melts the heart.