Trapped

When I woke up, I found myself on a bed but it was not the quaint little hut from before. My head felt like it was splitting into two, I forcefully opened the shut eyelids which felt so heavy. There was someone beside me, but my vision was blurred. Tears had welled up and stained my cheeks, I was crying in sleep. A hand slowly touched my forehead, pushing back the hair blocking my vision.

"Should I help you up?"

I nodded and two hands nestled around my back, raising me up like fragile object. I was in pain, both mentally and physically. I had died and now I was in body of another person who was about to die.

"Was that all real?" Despite everything thing I saw a part of me wanted all of it to be a lie, just a lie so I can lift the heavy weight of the world above me.

"I had already warned you," she said in a empathetic tone, cupping my face and pushing away the tears by slowly circling her thumbs around my cheek.

"I know," I said pushing away her hands, for some reason her touch felt awful. "Was there no other way?"

"I don't know," she said wistfully, lost in her thoughts, "you already know that my premonitions are vague."

"It means I can never go back?" I asked again trying to stop my tears from falling down.

"You can't."

I gulped, digesting those heavy poisonous words. I was so naive but maybe it was for the best, I couldn't bare to see my parents go through that ordeal just for me. Would I ever have woken up an recuperated? I don't have so.

"Will it really be okay? Do you think you can deceive your own brother? Will he never find the truth?" I asked restless, I knew Arthur was smart and till now I had been nothing but straightforward, deceiving him was the last thing I wished to do.

"Arthur trusts me more than anyone," she said sitting at the chair kept besides the bed.

"Maybe you could have just asked your brother not to become a tyrant," I said with mistrust my head a typhoon of emotions and anxiety.

"I  wish I could have done that," she said taking in a deep breath, stressed by the situation.

"Is there something you hadn't told me?" I asked recalling all the things she had seen. There was a typhoon of thoughts but calming the waves was the only way to stay alive.

"What is it?" She had forcefully pushed away the anxiety from her face. "Now you already know everything was agreed upon."

Despite seeing and agreeing to everything which had previously seemed easy to my naive self. Everything was now overcomplicated as it was no longer just a book but a world. I was not ready to carry the burden I had so foolishly taken. Before I could speak with a thrash  someone bursted in through the door.

"I told you I won't be responsible if you die."

Arthur stood in front of me in his light leather armour; his words were harsh but he didn't look angry.

"I–"

Though I spoke, I didn't know what so. I couldn't possibly tell him what I went to do there.

"It's okay," he said, sitting near the bed just beside my legs covered in by a blanket. "Maybe it was just fate, that led me to my mate."

I sat blank, digesting the words. I looked over to Estelle, her face with a plain smile.

"How do you know? It's not sure, right?" I asked choking at my own words.

He observed me looking at her and turning back he said, "This my sister Estelle."

I nodded dumbfounded, I had to pretend I didn't know her. He took one of my hands in his, caressing it. I didn't like the feeling of the hard calloused fingers but I was scared to draw back.

"This time I am sure," he said slowly, his thumb running circles on my palm. "Estelle had already seen you in her vision."

"What?" I said unconsciously, I thought she would give me some time but she had already trapped me.

"I will explain it to you later, right now you should eat something," he said warmly.

Where the hell that old arrogant price went? As he caressed my face before leaving, I shuddered in fear against the cold touch. This was the very person who became a tyrant after finding his mate's death and right now he doesn't know she already is dead.

I was skillfully trapped in this, with no more powers than just of a mere pawn. If only I had known, the fate I was accepting was not just a princess tale. Yet the chance of succumbing to coma soon arose consoling me for my choices. Everything was thought from the start. Estelle was not only a shallow beautiful loving princess but also a smart plotter who could forsee things.

Burying my face in my hands, the only thing I could do was worry and be played along like a puppet. What will happen if Arthur finds out the truth? Will he kill me or his sister who lied.

___________________________

I missed you guys soooo much but I am back. I should not make excuses but I was really stressed.

The Pandora's box has just opened, please stay with me guys.