Chapter 4. Explanation

⚠️WARNING⚠️
Everything written here is fiction and exaggerated for the drama like most romance stories.
---------------------------------------------
A/N
Okay, so I haven't written in almost a week or more so if my writing/style changed don't be surprised :-)
---------------------------------------------

Years pass...

Sophia yawns waking up to her next chapter in life, middle school. Years ago Sophia had closed the chapter on her childhood best friend, but she occasionally thought about it from time to time.

Sophia and Hannah grew close, along with Ace and Kanna. Sophia kept to herself and wouldn't even look in either of their directions to avoid triggering something she took so long to close.

Sophia was walking in the hallway only to bump into Mr. Emo wannabe and HER. Sophia looks up at them not bothering to waste her breath. She picks up her textbook and continues walking.

Kanna yells from behind Sophia's back, "LOSER!"

Sophia rolls her eyes turning around giving Kanna the attention she wanted.

"Really? Loser? You had better comebacks in 4th grade. Honestly disappointed your becoming more basic." Sophia frowns mocking Kanna rolling her eyes once again.

Ever since elementary Sophia has become less of a "baby" and start standing up for herself. She grew this cold demeanor and built up walls.

"When did you start talking back to me?" Kanna scoffs.

"Since no-one else would," Sophia replies looking at Ace.

He looks down towards his left.

"K-Kanna why don't you go ahead I need to talk to her." Ace announces looking at a wall.

"Whatever." Kanna leaves.

"You really want to talk to me? That's a first." Sophia said slowly raising her voice.

Ace sighs.

"Listen I don't think we ended our friendship in a good way."

"OH, YOU REALLY THINK SO?" Sophia yells getting shushed by a nearby teacher.

"Could you come to my house after-school so we could talk?" Ace asks.

Sophia pauses to think.

Sophia's thoughts: He really thinks I'd go to his house and talk to him? What's there to talk about? He left me when I needed him. But should I hear what he has to say? What if Kanna forced him and he's trying to get help or maybe...no I'm taking it too far...

Sophia takes a long breath and nods her head. "But if this is just some trap to hurt me when I'm vulnerable I'll actually kill you both."

"I promise it's not." Ace leaves with a small smile on his face.

Sophia's thoughts: Wait. Is that the first time I've seen him smile? Was I the one who just made him smile? Ugh, I'm probably just overthinking like always.

***Timeskip***

Sophia knocks on Ace's front door. His mom answers.

"Ace is in his room like always Ka- Oh Sophia what a pleasant surprise!" She says with a large smile and wide eyes.

"Hi, Ms. Nok!" Sophia says with a small smile.

"Well, you haven't been over here for ages! How can I help you?"