Chapter 7. Fake Dating

⚠️WARNING⚠️

Everything written here is fiction and exaggerated for the drama like most romance stories.

A/N

I lost motivation to write but as promised, for hitting 700 reads here's Chapter 7 :P                             
A little late, but here it is. I had writer's block for almost a month but thanks to my amazing team we got through it. Also, my timeskip addiction is back. 

---------------------------------------------

"W-what..?" Sophia asked rattled by the sudden question.

"Well I mean if we don't like each other then no harm no foul right? After all, it is on your bucket list.." Alden states.

"Your not wrong...but what if.." Sophia pauses.

"One of us fall in love?" Alden smirks.

"Yeah, that.." Sophia confirms.

"Then let's make a bet. First, one to fall for the other has to buy them whatever they want." Alden declares.

"That doesn't sound too bad, but I'm broke..." Sophia replies.

"So you're gonna need money cause you'll fall for me..?" Alden questions.

"NO NO! I DIDNT MEAN IT LIKE THAT!" Sophia says flustered.

"I'm just messing with you." Alden jokes.

Sophia punches his shoulder. Alden grabs her hand and gets close to her face.

"Better find a part-time job then." He winks and gets up to leave.

Sophia drained of color bursts up and says, "Hey you can't just do that and leave!"

"Oh but I can," Alden remarks leaving.

---------------------------------------------
The next day...

It was Saturday and Alden had come over once again to talk over the plan.

"Okay," He began. "First things first, the bet. First to fall for the other has to buy the other whatever they want."

Sophia rolled her eyes then agreed.

"Second. We have to come out as a couple to everyone at school and our parents. Then we can fake a breakup or something."

"Sounds pretty simple," Sophia stated.

"Well at the moment it'll probably be harder than it sounds," Alden replied.

---------------------------------------------
At school...

Sophia entered the school completely forgetting what she and Alden were supposed to do. Sophia was by her locker grabbing her books when suddenly the hallway got quiet. She turned around wondering what caused the silence. It was Alden walking towards Kanna with a single purple lilac and a Snorlax plushie. (Purple lilacs represent first love *wink wink*) Kanna was about to utter "Ew." but before she could Alden walked past her. Kanna stood there frozen feeling like a fool.  Alden approached Sophia and handed them to her while saying, "For my girlfriend." Sophia was flustered and blushing so much that she looked like she was wearing clown makeup. Sophia only managed to muster "Uh thank-" before the hallway was in an uproar.  A small girl with coily hair named Chanel caused this ruckus. She had asked someone nearby, "Are they have really good sex or something?" She had said this way too loud and everyone turned to look at Alden and Sophia. Alden grabbed Sophia's hand and said, "We're just dating." Alden led Sophia to class with everyone staring the whole time.

---------------------------------------------
Months later...

It had been many many weeks and Alden and Sophia continued to fake date. They were also about to become sophomores. Sophia was slowly catching feelings, but she hid them as best as possible through friendly flirting. Alden was left a mystery and nobody knew how he felt, not even himself.

Sophia and Alden were laying on the floor of Sophia's room. Alden was talking and when Sophia didn't respond he looked over and realized she fell asleep. He chuckled and moved closer to her. He began playing with her hair and admiring how peaceful she looked. Sophia slowly opened her eyes and they made contact. Alden at this point felt comfortable with Sophia and didn't say a word, but kept staring. Sophia was turning red and tried to look away to break the tension, but Alden softly grabbed her face to keep the contact. This made Sophia even redder.

Alden thought this was his chance and took it. He brought her face closer to his, slowly leaning in. As he was about to kiss her for the first time, Ace opened the door. Grabbing both their attention.

"ACE?!" They both screamed.

Ace stood there traumatized at the sight he saw. He didn't say a word and rushed to leave.

"WAIT WE CAN EXPLAIN!" They called.

---------------------------------------------

Word count: 726