Chapter 8 - Alive

??? POV

I woke up, the sun hitting my eyes instantly. I groaned and mumbled a curse under my breath as I got out of bed quickly to move away from the sunlight.

"Oh hey Kokichi, you're awake."

I looked up to see Rantaro. He was sitting at the desk, reading a book.

"Well duh, obviously I'm awake, what are you, blind?"

The green haired man chuckled.

"It's 7 AM, we have breakfast in 15 minutes, so you better get dressed."

I grinned and lifted an eyebrow.

"Oh?~ Rantaro-chan wants to see me get dressed? How naughty, I didn't think you were the dirty type."

The man rolled his eyes. I let out a little giggle; he was so easy to mess with, but he wasn't as expressive as Shuichi.

Shuichi... I wonder how he's doing in the game.

I got out of my nightwear and dressed myself new clothes. These clothes were very similar to the ones we had in that stupid game but a little different, I was kind of sick of always wearing the same outfit so this is a nice change.

"I'm ready Rantaro!~"

"Oh? Alright then."

The man got up from his seat, stretched and opened the door to get out.

We shared a room together, assigned by those dumb idiots that keep pestering us everyday.

These same idiots were apparently the reason we were all still alive. Or so that's what they said, they could be lying. They told us the whole thing was actually virtual, which is why everyone didn't die. I mean, I'm glad I'm alive, but this is weird.

I still remember the sensation of being crushed. It was awful, and I'll never say this to anyone but I'm getting multiple nightmares at night because of it.

I shook my head, trying to shoo away the image and sensation of the cold metal of the press on my body.

I lifted my hands and put them behind my head as I walked through the hallway behind Rantaro.

Eventually, we got to the common dining area, where everyone was already seated at random tables. Rantaro waved at Kaede, Ryoma and Kirumi and went to sit with them. They'd all become very close with each other, since they were the first ones to die; especially Kaede and Rantaro. They were probably dating, not that I cared or anything, I don't give a shit about who's getting pussy/dick or not.

I took my plate and looked around for a table.

Then, I saw Kaito and Gonta sitting at a table, talking with each other.

I grinned and slowly crept up behind Kaito, putting a finger on my lips when Gonta saw me.

"Boo!"

"AHHHH!"

I couldn't help myself from laughing. Kaito growled something as Gonta softly laughed at the situation.

"You little shit!"

"Oops!~ Didn't mean to do that."

"That's such an obvious lie."

I giggled as I sat down beside them.

"Anyways- how are you doing today Kokichi?" asked Kaito.

"Wow Kaito are you worried about me?~ Don't worry I won't tell Maki when she gets here."

"Shut up, you annoying gremlin! I'm trying to be nice, you should try it too sometimes."

"Ruuuude! Anyways- I'm doing perfectly fine!~"