Chapter 8- "Want to Play a Game?"

When I woke up my eyes stung so bad. I knew my crying was bad but I didn't realize it was that bad. After a few minutes of blinking and trying to make the stinging go away, I fully wake up. I look up to see Gonta's sleeping face. He looked so peaceful.
I laid my head on his chest, causing him squirm around a little. He flipped over on his side and held me tightly. I could feel my face heat up. By lightly tapping his nose, I tried to wake him up.
"Gonta, wake up." I whispered. Gonta slowly opened his eyes.
"Morning Petal.." Gonta mumbled as he hugged me tighter.
"Morning." I said with a smile. Gonta slowly began to close his eyes again, drifting back to sleep. "C'mon, don't fall back asleep!" I pushed him a little which caused him to flop over onto his back. He groaned a little and let go of me. I crawled on top of him and grabbed his shoulders.
"Wake up!" I shouted while shaking him. He sprung right up and looked at me.
"Is Petal alright? Did you get hurt again?" Gonta asked me.
"I'm alright Gonta, you just fell back asleep so I wanted to wake you up." I giggled. He hugged me tightly.
"You scared Gonta.." Gonta said.
"I'm sorry Gonta, I didn't mean to worry you." I laughed in a jokingly yet worried tone. We sat there for a few moments while Gonta was still hugging me. "Gonta..?"
"Ah! Gonta's so sorry!" Gonta gasped as he let go if me.
"It's alright." I smiled. I grabbed a bit of his hair and played with it for a while.
"Do you like Gonta's hair?" Gonta asked me.
"Mhm, it's soft." I whispered as I continued to play with it. His hair always seems like the type to be hard to brush out but really, his hair is softer than you could ever imagine. It's also really fluffy, like cat fur. I was so caught up in playing with his hair I kind of forgot he was there.
"If you keep playing with Gonta's hair, Gonta won't be able to stop blushing." Gonta mumbled. After he said that I snapped back to reality. I look at his face to see that it's completely flooded in blush. Looking down, I start to blush a little myself. Gonta put his hand on my cheek and lifted my head up so we end up being eye-to-eye.
"Gonta thinks Petal looks cute when they blush." Gonta said, smiling. I could feel my face heat up. Did he just call me cute? This hasn't happened before, I don't know what to do. I put my hand over his then slowly pulled it down then holding it with my hands. Slowly, I leaned into him and kissed him on the cheek.
It took me a second to realize what happened. "G-Gonta! I'm so sorry!" I gasped, jumping up from the bed. Gonta's face was flushed. I began to pace around the room. "I should've asked you if it was ok instead of going right for it!"
"P-Petal, calm down!" Gonta got up and approached me. He put his hands on my shoulders, causing me to freeze in place. "Gonta... liked it." Gonta said as he smiled at me. I looked down, flustered. Not only did I kiss him without permission but I embarrassed myself by freaking out. This morning was going so well then I just had to screw it up.
"Sorry for freaking out..." I muttered. Gonta's arms wrapped around me, giving me goosebumps. His grip was so strong yet so gentle. I grabbed his hands and moved his arms, he looked at me confused and a little worried. "You want to play a game?" I asked him.
"Sure! Gonta loves games!" He agreed excitedly.
"Alright, I'll call this game... Mimic Me!" I said.
"How do you play?" Gonta asked.
"It's simple, anytime I move you move with me. Like this..." I raised my right hand. "Now you raise your hand." Gonta raised his right hand as well.
"Gonta gets the rules, let's play now!"
"Alright." I smiled. Slowly, I pushed my right hand out. Gonta did the same. I pushed my other hand out, landing me in a T like pose. Gonta imitated me again. I continued to make random body movements all while Gonta copied me. Finally, I grabbed enough courage to do what the whole point of the game was.
"Alright, this next part is very hard. If you pull away then you'll lose." I said.
"Gonta will win!" Gonta shouted in a proud tone.
"I hope you do..." I whispered under my breath. "Alright, here I go"
I raised both my arms, Gonta did the same. I lowered my arms a little, hovering my hands over his face. Gonta did the the same once again. I then cupped his cheeks and as you would expect, Gonta copied me. My hands were just slightly shaking, I was terrified. I leaned in just a little bit. But he didn't get the hint, he was too invested in the game. I leaned in more. We were so close to eachother that our noses almost touched. I finally gave in and kissed him. Yet he still didn't get the hint. He held the kiss, not doing anything. I decided it was time to give up, I tried to pull away but he kept me in place. Soon he let go.
"Did Gonta win?" He asked. I was too shocked to answer. Covering my mouth, I sit on my bed. Gonta kneeled down next to me and moved my hands. "Doesn't Gonta get a prize?"
"I guess.." I answered.
"Then Gonta wants his prize now." Gonta said. He turned my head towards him and kissed me again. After he kissed me I hid my face in my hands. He smiled at me and hugged me. "Aren't you going to congratulate Gonta?"
"Congrats.." I said quietly through my hands. Gonta laughed and leaned his forehead against my shoulder.

HIIII EVERYBODY! It's me, the author. I really hope you liked this chapter and I honestly had a good time writing this. I had a whole other idea for this chapter but I decided that I wanted to go with this one instead because yk- you finally get closer to Gonta. But to be real, tysm for all of the support you've been giving me. It really helps me through online school. It tells me that people like reading my stuff so I wouldn't have wasted time not paying attention in class. I also have a real quick question, should I make this Royal Gontaguuji AU. Korekiyo and Gonta are both serious comfort characters and I never see any content of them together. So I decided to take that matter into my hands. Now, my fellow Gontaguuji fans, if I made a Gontaguuji fanfic would you read it?