01: The Beginning

"Get help! Please!" Someone's cries were echoing through the white halls. "She's dying! Please help her!"

Despite the person's cries, none of the many doctors and scientists that were within the room helped the poor lady. They just watched her bleed out as her friend frantically tried to stop the bleeding, even trying to use her quirk to save her, but it was no use, her quirk wasn't meant for healing.

"I- I'll save..." Her friend cried, hands bloody as she tried to stop the bleeding. "You- you'll-" The friend choked on her own tears as she watches her friend fade away, "- you'll be... alright... yeah... just hold on."

Her shaky hands help her dying friend. The lady that was bleeding out, held her friend's hand and smiled at her tear-stained eyes, shaking her head and sadly smiling at her.

"I-" She coughed out more blood, "I won't make it... just- just-" She groaned in pain as she held her friend's hand, which was covered by her own blood. "Just please..." The woman gasped as blood oozed out of her side. "Just... save-" she directed her friend's hands to her belly, "- save... my babies."

Living in a world where being a superhero was an actual job and people were born with superpowers called "quirks", there were bound to people who sought more power. There would be those who lingered in the dark, ready to use their power for evil.

||

"Are you sure it would be a good idea to let them handle this?" one asked her companion, looking over her shoulder to meet his gaze. "Are you sure they are to be trusted with this program, sir? They are villains and-"

"And thus it makes cleaning up any mess they make easier" was the only reply the man gave as they walked through the white halls, leaving the underground facility.

Leaving the lives of little kids into the hands of the people they called 'monsters'

||

You stood within the room filled with multiple other kids, most of them older than you.

How long have you been there? You weren't sure. But you were sure that you could be the youngest among all the kids, the smallest and the most inexperienced one amongst all of them.

You didn't know why you were there, or how you even got there. All you knew was that you have been there for as long as you can remember. Which, to them, was just about three years. Three years of watching over you, examining you and seeing exactly what you could do.

You were aware that there were other kids. You knew you weren't alone, but it was only now that you had gotten in contact with them. It was only at that moment you realized there were quite a lot of you.

You shrunk into the corner of the room, not wanting to get near the other kids. YOu didn't know them and you didn' know what they would do to you. This was your first time meeting other people; aside from those taller people who would drop off a tray of food for you in your room as well as the people in white lab coats taking you into examination rooms doing whatever they were doing.

They were foreign to you and you weren't sure what to do. You didn't want to do anything with them and had just preferred to be in isolation than being in this room with older kids chit-chatting with one another, like being in this white-tiled room was normal.

You watched in the corner as some kids started to make friends, smiling and laughing at each other, showing off their quirks and even playing with their ability.

You didn't have a quirk yet, you were just three years old and yet to manifest a quirk.

Tucking yourself in the very corner of the room, you wished you were back in your cold quiet room. It was empty with only a cold hard bed there, but you preferred that now compared to this chaos.

"What the hell is going on?" You heard one grumble. It was a boy with dark hair and steel eyes. His brows were furrowed as he walked over to a more quiet space, which was where you were.

Your (y/e/c) eyes examined as the seemingly quiet kid walked over and just leaned on the wall beside you, slowly sitting down. You stared at him, looking at the bandage wrapped around his head and the ones that were peaking out of his loose shirt.

It seemed like he didn't notice or minded that you were there. He just sat there, watching the other kids just like what you were doing.

"Do you know why we're here?" he spoke rather softly, looking over to you with his sharp steen eyes. "Got any idea?"

You jumped at his sudden action, stepping back in fear. You weren't used to people talking to you. You never had anyone to talk to, which resulted in you not knowing much words. You didn't really understand what he said.

He looked at you, almost like he was examining you with those cold eyes. "What's your name?" he asked, hoping that maybe some familiarity would make you answer him. "They call me S.A.25," He motioned to the printed code onto his shirt. "And you are?"

You weren't sure.

The people in white lab coats never called you anything, they just barked your orders or pulled you out of your room and into another one.

It made you look down and shrug, unsure how to answer him.

"Y.N.14" He muttered, making you look up at him. "Y.N.14" he repeated, this time pointing at the code printed on the right side of your shirt. He looked into you (y/e/c) eyes, his mouth twitching upward, almost as if he was trying to smile.

"You're Y.N.14"

There was something in his tone. Almost as if he was sad. If you were old enough, maybe you would have understood that the code he had just read from your shirt, that code that was going to be your name, wasn't really a name. That it was not a name but just a serial number- a code to differentiate you from all the other kids.

If you were older, you might have understood that what you were doing- what you were about to get into was not something that kids like you were not supposed to do; something no one should be subjected to do.

HELLOOO So as you can see that the story has been a bit different compared to the older one and I hope its still as enjoyable!

Due to the many schoolwork as well as other personal matters... I might upload a lot slower than before... but at least  I am back and able to write again! YAY

but of course I will still upload this in AO3 if you prefer it heheheh

Again thank you so much for the wake and I hope you enjoy this rewritten version hehehhe