14.5: Encounter with the Rain

"Ai-za-wa." You tugged on his pants as he was in the kitchen, thinking of what to cook for you two.

After you two started living there, he's gotten this motivation to learn new recipes, just so that you can experience new types of flavors and foods.

He looked down at you, humming. "Yes, honey?" He looked down at you as you pouted, pointing at something. "What is it, (Y/n)? What's wro-"

"Dad?!" Aizawa was startled by Shohei running into the kitchen with wide eyes.

"What?" Aizawa's heart was pumping. Was the villains outside? Did they find out where you guys were living? Will they be outnumbered?

The boy pointed at the kitchen window and to the rain that poured down on the city. "I-it's raining!" Shohei's tone was a mix of excitement and fear.

Then it hit Aizawa, you guys probably have never experienced rain before. He eased down and nodded, "Yeah. It's raining." He looked at the excited look that Shohei held as the boy went to stand by the sliding door and stare at the downpour.

"Ra-a-in?"

Aizawa hummed, bringing you to the sliding door. "That's rain... it happens a few times around." He planned on teaching you how rain happens maybe when you were older and knew a lot more words.

He turned to see his son lean against the glass, fascinated by the rain. "Can we go outside?" The boy asked. "Can we? I'm curious."

Aizawa nodded and got up. "Sure. Let's just get you two into your raincoats." He bought you some just in case and he was thankful that he did, because that 'just in case' was now.

After he got you two - as well as himself- suited up, he grabbed an umbrella, you three headed out of the apartment building and got outside.

Once you were at the boarder between the apartment building and the outside world, you were gripping on Aizawa's pant leg, afraid of the continuous sound the rain made. It was relaxing, but unfamiliar to you. You didn't know what the rain could do. Maybe it was acidic. Maybe if you get were you get hurt and die.

"Its raining kinda hard... maybe we should-"

Shohei went running out and into the rain, ignoring Aizawa. He laughed and looked up at the clouded sky. He closed his eyes as he felt every droplet hit his face. There was this indescribable feeling in him as he stood there. It was so foreign yet to familiar. It was just so nice.

"Sho, you might get sick!" Aizawa called, but he could see that the boy wasn't listening. He sighed, letting him be. It was his first rainfall after all. Watching him made Aizawa smile. Even in the smallest way possible, he wanted to give you two a better future. A bright future with him.

He looked down at you as you looked at Shohei in worry. Aizawa got down to your height and gave you a little pat. "Try it... it's not that bad." He gave you a little push and a smile as you took a step forward.

Shohei spotted you, "Mochi! Come!" He smiled widely as you waddled over to him, jumping at the feeling of the rain falling down on you.

You clung onto Shohei as he giggled. "It's alright, look!" He kicked the puddle in front of him. "Isn't it fun?"

"F-un." You muttered. You heard that word before. It meant something happy. You just nodded and kicked the puddle with him.

He laughed and smiled at you as you kind of enjoyed the splashing and the feeling of the rain. It was somehow refreshing.

This new experience was something to remember.

Aizawa sighed in content as he watched his two kids play in the rain.